Forgive Me

Tommy

T6 Guru
Hi all

I have committed the ultimate cardinal sin and bought a caravan :( apologies . I was in the process of planning and sourcing a convertor to carry out work to my Kombi van but in the meantime had found myself a new partner (bonus result). After serious discussions we decided to go the caravan route, I talked about a basic conversion along with towing a small single axle caravan but ended up getting a twin axle unit.

We have just had our 1st break away (Padstow) and as a none camper newbie I really enjoyed it, there was also plenty of VW campers on site at the weekend which I drooled over, I'm also looking at getting an Amarok for towing duties so potentially will be saying goodbye to the Kombi which I've throughly enjoyed driving every mile of the way, would also like to thank everyone from the forum for past advice and interesting threads, its a great forum and bunch of guys

On another note if anyone is interested in a mint 204 manual please feel free to drop me a line

We used to tow a biggish caravan behind an Amarok. It towed superbly and swallowed up all the heavy stuff in the bed, leaving the 'van nice and light. Caravans are the best if you spend a few nights on one site. Set up home and leave it, whilst you still have a comfortable, unhindered vehicle to drive around in.

The downside to the Amarok was the cramped rear seats. Bolt upright and lacking in leg room is not the best place for 6 foot kids.

Enjoy the caravan. We have just gone the opposite way. We gave the van to a young couple and have come back to small and manageable travel with a T6 camper. But then I suspect we are much younger than you. The thought of a new partner is daunting at my age!

Mine wasn't too bad. 180 Auto, did about 35mpg using it as a regular car, 28mpg towing.

The V6 has a considerable performance advantage at higher speeds. Soon after they first came out, one had to show me what his V6 would do on a dual carriageway.

We used to tow a biggish caravan behind an Amarok. It towed superbly and swallowed up all the heavy stuff in the bed, leaving the 'van nice and light. Caravans are the best if you spend a few nights on one site. Set up home and leave it, whilst you still have a comfortable, unhindered vehicle to drive around in.

The downside to the Amarok was the cramped rear seats. Bolt upright and lacking in leg room is not the best place for 6 foot kids.

:thumbsup: Like the idea of the V6 Amarok but would prefer a manual one, towed the caravan with my girlfriends q5 which was ok but just up to the task

Enjoy the caravan. We have just gone the opposite way. We gave the van to a young couple and have come back to small and manageable travel with a T6 camper. But then I suspect we are much younger than you. The thought of a new partner is daunting at my age!

No spring chicken myself but never say never :D would also like to try France next year

Mine wasn't too bad. 180 Auto, did about 35mpg using it as a regular car, 28mpg towing.

The V6 has a considerable performance advantage at higher speeds. Soon after they first came out, one had to show me what his V6 would do on a dual carriageway.

Guessing the V6 is nice with plenty of torque. The q5 managed 27-28 mpg so if V6 managed similar would be more than happy

Back