Forced regen with Carista

Foofighter25

T6 Pro
Hi all
Sorry If this is a daft question.
Can you be driving when doing a forced regen on Carista or do you need to be stationery?

Either, you can start it stationary then drive off. You can also do it driving but technically you shouldn't be on your phone so thats why Carista advise not to.

How do you get it to do the regen on Carista please?
1 - Open Carista app
2 - Press Connect
3 - Go to 'Service' features on main menu
4 - Click 'Diesel Particulate Filter'
5 - Scroll to the bottom and it tells you the soot level, blue button at the bottom starts the manual regen

FYI its now a paid feature for Carista so you need to be subscribed.

I've been looking at the values for regen on Carista and mine tends to start at 23g and finish at 9g of its own accord, if its at 22.9 Carista says "at this level it doesn't need one" anyone else monitored the levels there's start at?

I have a 2016 CFCA and monitor the levels with Carista, I’ve never noticed a re-gen or activated one with Carista but the levels seem to stick around 11 - 13g.

I've been looking at the values for regen on Carista and mine tends to start at 23g and finish at 9g of its own accord, if its at 22.9 Carista says "at this level it doesn't need one" anyone else monitored the levels there's start at?
mine does 30g down to 9g

should add its 2017 kombi 150ps. I had software update earlier this year, prior to that it did 24g down to 6g. or so it said on Carista

Mines a 2016 kombi 150 and never seen a VW dealer until today when I took it for a DSG oil Change, I wish id never took it now, the health check video was 7 mins long :-(

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Mines a 2016 kombi 150 and never seen a VW dealer until today when I took it for a DSG oil Change, I wish id never took it now, the health check video was 7 mins long :-(
To make you feel like it’s value for money, like a visit to BUPA……coffee, smiles and credit card please.

oh dear, mine had a service and they told me my battery was defective and undertray was cracked and all could be fixed for £380! Undertray looks fine and touch wood no issues with battery so sometime the cynic in me thinks they may have been fishing for work!
If something was wrong you would have probably noticed or it come up on the MOT!

To make you feel like it’s value for money, like a visit to BUPA……coffee, smiles and credit card please.
My particular favourite was "2 x wing mirror glass not heating to prescribed temperature!"

Haha! I hope you asked lots of questions on the leaky windows they soon go sheepish

oh dear, mine had a service and they told me my battery was defective and undertray was cracked and all could be fixed for £380! Undertray looks fine and touch wood no issues with battery so sometime the cynic in me thinks they may have been fishing for work!
If something was wrong you would have probably noticed or it come up on the MOT!
That's true about the MOT, it passed last week with no advisories but he did verbally tell me I would probably need new rear discs and pads before next MOT, VW said they were 90% worn and seriously pitted, they also said it has broken undertrays, engine mount, EML on (I already told them this was a glow plug issue) Start stop error (Ghost Immobiliser), front discs and pads, tyres uneven wear, exhaust corroded, flywheel excessively noisy, engine mount cracked! Other than that its a minter :)

Is there a way to find out when the last regen was attempted with carista?
Yes, I did some checks today and I could see the miles since last re-gen’.
Other new features with Version 7.1 as well.

C3F3AD1F-C508-407F-9465-89FD3792C0AA.png

Back