Footwell Lighting feed

kiter

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hey folks

Attempting to fit the above, have searched the various other posts but I am still coming un stuck. The units are installed, identifed the earth in the footwell but I'm really struggling to know which fuse to piggy back off for the live. Like them to be on all the time as I'm used to this in the A4. I'm pretty handy but wary of electrics and mucking things up....…….. thanks in advance.

sorted:) just need to wait till the morning to put everything back together.

I piggy backed off the mini 15amp fuse in the middle row behind the bottle holder, think it is the windscreen washers. Planning front footwell lights so will have them coming on when the door opens and then constant footwell light once the ignition on.

@Pauly can supply whatever you need. Some have the lights on with the courtesy lights wired to a step or interior light, I have mine wired to the ambient light circuit so they come on with the dash illumination triggered by the headlights coming on. First time I have seen someone having them on all the time though so good luck with it

Not in the shop but Pauly seems to be able to source or create just about anything you need in this line if you drop him a pm.

@kiter I was also looking at those footwell lights. Let us all know what they are like.

If I installed some my idea was to use a permanent live with an on/ off switch option and also an ignition off timer so they couldn’t be left on too long! But I’m not an auto electrics expert so still considering it. Maybe this type of feed is already available?

@kiter I was also looking at those footwell lights. Let us all know what they are like.

If I installed some my idea was to use a permanent live with an on/ off switch option and also an ignition off timer so they couldn’t be left on too long! But I’m not an auto electrics expert so still considering it. Maybe this type of feed is already available?
Not sure mate, neither am I. I just wanted the footwell lights to come on with the ignition and stay on and then go out when I take the key out.

This is sorted now (I sent him a kit and may have forgot to tell him where to connect it :oops:)

How about where to connect a side step light to ? I bought a kit from somewhere a while back (not here) and have still to fit it. Is there a feed in the B-pillar that I could pick up so that it comes on with the rear interior lights? Its a PV converted to Kombi layout.

How about where to connect a side step light to ? I bought a kit from somewhere a while back (not here) and have still to fit it. Is there a feed in the B-pillar that I could pick up so that it comes on with the rear interior lights? Its a PV converted to Kombi layout.
You have a couple choices, you can run the cables up one of the pillars to the roof space and connect into the wiring for the roof light or you can run the cables forwards to the dash and join them behind the glovebox as the interior lighting circuit passes through there
Whichever way you go you are tapping into the red/black positive wire and the brown/red negative wire

30165D67-0FAA-4176-AB5C-1A9C915853F7.jpeg

ACAE6FE8-F5FB-41B7-BD3D-4E4BE53606C2.jpeg

Thanks @Pauly , that is a big help with the photos. I'll be taking the lower dash etc off mid week to fit new a sound system from Absolut5 so will tie this in at the same time.
Cheers.

Back