Captain Backfire

TSi, T32, Highline Kombi
T6 Pro
My Pearl Black van should be arriving in England at the end of this month. Then it is straight to the modders for all the important work to be done... Like EVERYONE I have been looking at wheels until my eyes hurt. But this I think are the wheels for me.

20"
Gunmetal,
Slightly concave,

Just to confirm my thoughts I really want to see what they look like on a Black T6... Anybody on the forum got these wheels or anybody able to create the image for me?

Last request is probably a big ask but thought I would chance my arm.

Wheelbase Alloy Wheels & Tyres

untitled.png

Having the same colour T6 as you, with Gloss Black 19s that are not the same, but similar style, I can confirm dark wheels look the nuts on a Black T6, however, they are the hardest wheel to keep clean, a nightmare to clean, and show up every scratch and imperfection.

My current wheels were diamond cut and Black, but I removed the polished fronts and did them full Gloss Black, which does look a lot more aggressive, but even that hasn't convinced me to stay all Black, and if I keep my 19s, I'm changing the colour again, so be aware that they do look really nice, but need a lot of attention to keep them this way.

I like those, very :cool:

Not teaching you to suck eggs, but make sure the wheels and tyres are correctly load rated, my bro-inlaw had a set fitted by the only VW approved converter in the UK that were incorrectly rated and he only found out after getting a random pull on the motorway by the police.

Having the same colour T6 as you, with Gloss Black 19s that are not the same, but similar style, I can confirm dark wheels look the nuts on a Black T6, however, they are the hardest wheel to keep clean, a nightmare to clean, and show up every scratch and imperfection.

My current wheels were diamond cut and Black, but I removed the polished fronts and did them full Gloss Black, which does look a lot more aggressive, but even that hasn't convinced me to stay all Black, and if I keep my 19s, I'm changing the colour again, so be aware that they do look really nice, but need a lot of attention to keep them this way.
I don’t have the time nor inclination to clean my vehicles (don’t hold it against me)... I do want something that doesn’t show up the dirt or any scratches that will no doubt come about.
Hoping titanium (gunmetal Grey) will look just as agresssive/cool as black.
I’ve never liked black wheels with a polished face (assassins as an example) so they are defo out of the equation.

Tourershine do you think titanium will be less maintenance?
I’m guessing you are thinking of going to silver or hyper silver from black?

I don’t have the time nor inclination to clean my vehicles (don’t hold it against me)... I do want something that doesn’t show up the dirt or any scratches that will no doubt come about.
Hoping titanium (gunmetal Grey) will look just as agresssive/cool as black.
I’ve never liked black wheels with a polished face (assassins as an example) so they are defo out of the equation.

Tourershine do you think titanium will be less maintenance?
I’m guessing you are thinking of going to silver or hyper silver from black?

The titanium should be a little easier to maintain yes, but they do look quite dark in the picture above, but holy crap are you in for a nice surprise when you see how difficult the Pearl Black is to maintain if you don't clean your vehicles. I've always had Black vehicles, but I'm ultra OCD with mine, and even I'm fed up with the amount of work it needs in comparison with any other manufacturers of Black. The VW paint is very easy to mark, and shows absolutely every single defect in the sunlight, so depending on how nice you like your vehicles looking at all times, the Pearl Black might be your worst enemy.
Mate, I'd even go so far as to not letting the dealer wash it when it's delivered, because they can introduce swirls in one shot.
Sorry to put a negative spin on your new van.

The titanium should be a little easier to maintain yes, but they do look quite dark in the picture above, but holy crap are you in for a nice surprise when you see how difficult the Pearl Black is to maintain if you don't clean your vehicles. I've always had Black vehicles, but I'm ultra OCD with mine, and even I'm fed up with the amount of work it needs in comparison with any other manufacturers of Black. The VW paint is very easy to mark, and shows absolutely every single defect in the sunlight, so depending on how nice you like your vehicles looking at all times, the Pearl Black might be your worst enemy.
Mate, I'd even go so far as to not letting the dealer wash it when it's delivered, because they can introduce swirls in one shot.
Sorry to put a negative spin on your new van.
I don't have the time or energy to clean the family car/van. 3 kids, 2 jobs etc... I know they are excuses. I have always taken my vehicles to the local hand car wash, whom always seem to do a good job...however I realise in saying that some people will now be mortified and I could well be banned for saying something sacrilegious!
I do plan however once my van arrives to first off get it ceramic coated on the exterior and Nano coated on the interior (think thats the right terminology) That will at least sort any post production swirls out and colour correct it... Then just have a regular 6 month maintenance wash.. Although yet to findout the cost for that. I know the cost of getting it done "professionally" I could buy all the products myself but its the time it takes which is more valuable.
You haven't put any negative spin on the van. you have just informed me of something I didn't really know about, re how bad the black marks and difficult to keep clean. Now if I tell you my van is a 204 TSi DSG I am sure for some negatives from someone! LOL
Cheers

Having a ceramic coating won't sort out any production marks, unless you choose a company that will carry out a full correction before applying. As bonkers as it sounds after paying such a huge amount of money for a vehicle, a lot of the main paint issues can be done in it's first few weeks of ownership. There's loads of reports on here about dealer washing processes, but it's just a fact of life that Black is the worst colour to maintain.
My advice as nuts as this will sound is to not use road side gangs and just leave it to get really filthy, then pay a little more money for a good local detailer to give it a wash now and again. This way will save you the huge expense of correcting all the potential issues in the future.

My in-laws had a Black VW car that they rarely touched and never cleaned from new.
I decided one day to give it a good going over and much to my surprise, once I'd cleaned it off, the actual paint finish was pretty much flawless, and I know this was simply because they'd never washed it themselves, or had anyone else wash it.

Coatings are good, but they do need looking after correctly.
Save your dosh on a coating, and use the money for a good detailer now and again to simply wash it for you the correct way a good detailer knows how.

Thanks for the advice @Tourershine I will bear that in mind and do some enquiries to find out the price for getting it cleaned properly from the same person who I would have used to do the ceramic coating?

Back