Folding seat cable query.

Daz395

T6 Pro
Newbie looking at fitting a folding seat bracket to my T6.1.
will there be an issue if I fit the folding bracket and leave the highlighted cable free to flex? I wouldn’t cable tie it back on as guess that would cause the cable to constantly bend at the cable tie.
Thoughts appreciated.

9BD4D6CB-4DDA-4EF8-B180-2D8E20989F24.jpeg

I assume you have heated seats, and that the side of the seat nearest the door has an airbag (SRS or Airbag) label?

There is a cable to the seatbelt socket to warn if the seat is occupied but not belted. It might be that. I’ll take a pic of mine when I’m back in the van tomorrow. I’ve got the factory folding seat.

I’ve looked at mine, looks the same as yours. It’s not the buckle cable, so it must be heated pad for the back (no airbag in my seat). It’s also cable tied in the same way.

I’ve looked at mine, looks the same as yours. It’s not the buckle cable, so it must be heated pad for the back (no airbag in my seat). It’s also cable tied in the same way.
Thanks for checking. So no issue having the folding bracket and cable tying the wire back as it is now. I was looking at the aftermarket bracket but factory version on ebay would save some cash. Are you happy with the factory version or should I splash out a bit more for the aftermarket version that reclines more?

Back