Folding Mirrors On Comfort Close (again)

phazer

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Evening All,

I have a hopefully slightly different question relating to enabling mirror fold on lock.

I have a T5.1 Highline but have used T6 window modules (7E0 959 801 R & 7E0 959 802 Q). They were manufactured October 2018 - If I'm right, this is well into when VW enabled fold on lock on the T6. The R part is also the supersession part for the old L modules.

The folding function works perfectly but no fold on using the comfort close/long press on lock (mirrors are enabled all of the time so no power being cut or anything like that). I've tried all of the common coding for the mirrors and enabled comfort in the BCM but nothing works.

Must be BCM related but I have part 7H0 937 090 D which seems to be late enough as others have reported 087 and 090 B BCMs working ok with L modules.

Sooo anyone got any ideas as to working coding?

Last edited:
My mirrors don't fold on lock, only fold on comfort close. Try keeping the lock button pressed until the indicators flash again.

Sorry, that's what I meant comfort close, I'll edit :)

I get the secondary indicator flash but no joy on the mirrors unfortunately.

That’s the 64 million dollar question, if you crack that then plenty of people will be very happy
As discussed before the later door modules still use one Q as per the MY17 that can’t be programmed so logically it has to be in the BCM but I haven’t heard of anyone cracking it yet ??

@phazer post your bcm sub module coding for the door modules

This is how they came out of the 2018 T6:

Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 7E0 959 801 R HW: 7E0 959 801 R Labels: 7E0-959-80X-V2.CLB
Component: J386__TSG_FT 005 0653
Serial number: KU0KU0011018827xxxxx
Coding: 1400B1
Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 7E0 959 802 Q HW: 7E0 959 802 Q Labels: 7E0-959-80X-V2.CLB
Component: J387__TSG_BT 004 0653
Serial number: KU0KU0260918826xxxxx
Coding: 0400A1

I've done the obvious of changing to 1400B3 and 0400A3, also tried 1500B3 on the driver side module but no joy.

That’s the 64 million dollar question, if you crack that then plenty of people will be very happy
As discussed before the later door modules still use one Q as per the MY17 that can’t be programmed so logically it has to be in the BCM but I haven’t heard of anyone cracking it yet ??

Yes I've read through all of the previous discussion. I was very much hoping by using the latest R and Q module I'd be ok (as L aren't readily available). Clearly that was a hope too far.

I just wonder if VW changed the messaging on the later vans, so L modules look for a "comfort close" message but the later ones look for a BCM issued "fold mirrors" message or something along those lines??

I'm loath to try a T6 BCM due to cost just to test it out - the mirrors cost enough lol

Reactions: mmi
This is how they came out of the 2018 T6:

Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 7E0 959 801 R HW: 7E0 959 801 R Labels: 7E0-959-80X-V2.CLB
Component: J386__TSG_FT 005 0653
Serial number: KU0KU0011018827xxxxx
Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 7E0 959 802 Q HW: 7E0 959 802 Q Labels: 7E0-959-80X-V2.CLB
Component: J387__TSG_BT 004 0653
Serial number: KU0KU0260918826xxxxx

I've done the obvious of changing to 1400B3 and 0400A3, also tried 1500B3 on the driver side module but no joy.
Change both module coding to end A3 and B3 respectively so J386 becomes 1400B3 and J387 becomes 0400A3 save and then relearn the window auto close on both sides and make sure comfort closing is enabled in the BCU coding.

Change both module coding to end A3 and B3 respectively so J386 becomes 1400B3 and J387 becomes 0400A3 save and then relearn the window auto close on both sides and make sure comfort closing is enabled in the BCU coding.

Already tried that (in my post above) and a bunch of other coding I've seen with no luck. Even scraped a load of T6 BCM long codings and tried making changes where VCDS doesn't show what the bytes are for and nothing works.

Already tried that (in my post above) and a bunch of other coding I've seen with no luck. Even scraped a load of T6 BCM long codings and tried making changes where VCDS doesn't show what the bytes are for and nothing works.
Oh yeah, I missed that last sentence...

I'd like to give a try ... as it has been discovered that some of the configuration settings are hidden/undocumented in the adaptations. E.g. ---> High Beam Assist - How I Eventually Fettled It :-)

For this the following are needed from a "non-working" @phazer, any other candidates with a T6 (thus having BCM 7E0 937 090) are more than welcome.
(1) BCM (module 09) coding - full BCM (09) section of the VCDS Scan including all the submodules so that we can identify software sub revisions (just in case). Certainly full VCDS Scan won't harm... (just strip strip off 5 last digits of the VIN)
(2) Full adaptation map and (3) blockmap (see below how-to)
(4) VIN of the vehicle (however, strip 5 last digits off) - reveals model year and somewhat "main category" (PV, passenger carrier, camper). In addition a mention of type might be helpful to further categorize the scans: PV, Kombi, Caravelle, Shuttle, California, etc...​

For the comparison the same set as above from a van with "working folding mirrors on comfort close" - @Loz @Dellmassive @Deaky ? Any others? I think Loz has California so there might be even a few more interesting bits.

Unfortunately the folding mirrors are rare up here - haven't scanned any :(
------------------------

VCDS -> Applications -> Controller Channel Map ->
09-maps-png.57205

Tick/fill boxes as above and hit Go

VCDS Flashes screens for a moment (when finished hit "Done, Go Back") and there will be files adpmap-09-... and blockmap-09-... in directory C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\....

To upload these files - just strip off last 5 digits of the VIN in file name.

EDIT: removed mention about renaming the files as Forum suddenly started to like .CSV files.

Last edited:
Here’s my factory coding. MY2018

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 7E0 959 801 R HW: 7E0 959 801 R Labels: 7E0-959-80X-V2.CLB
Component: J386__TSG_FT 004 0653
Serial number: KU0KU022081772343178

Subsystem 3 - Part No SW: 7E0 959 802 Q HW: 7E0 959 802 Q Labels: 7E0-959-80X-V2.CLB
Component: J387__TSG_BT 003 0653
Serial number: KU0KU021081772334945

@mmi I've attached an autoscan, and the controller map. The vehicle is a 2015 T5.1 180 Highline Kombi (twin slider, xenon headlights, tailgate for completeness). Ignore the mic/ultrasonic errors in the scan, I've got the overhead binnacle out for auto lights/mirror retrofit :) I've removed the VIN and serials from the files (old habits die hard).

@Deaky (or anyone else able with a MY2018 and fold on remote from the factory) Any chance you can post the same files from your van please?

p.s just in case anyone notices...the mileage is genuine :(:D

Attachments

• adpmap-09-7H0-937-090-D_WV1ZZZ7HZFH0XXXXX-20200104-1742.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 44
  • blockmap-09-7H0-937-090-D_WV1ZZZ7HZFH0XXXXX-20200104-1741.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Log-T5.1 KOMBI-WV1ZZZ7HZFH0XXXXX-23000km-14291mi.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 30
@mmi I've attached an autoscan, and the controller map. The vehicle is a 2015 T5.1 180 Highline Kombi (twin slider, xenon headlights, tailgate for completeness). Ignore the mic/ultrasonic errors in the scan, I've got the overhead binnacle out for auto lights/mirror retrofit :) I've removed the VIN and serials from the files (old habits die hard).

@Deaky (or anyone else able with a MY2018 and fold on remote from the factory) Any chance you can post the same files from your van please?

p.s just in case anyone notices...the mileage is genuine :(:D
Thanks for the files. Yes, noted the mileage :thumbsup:.

Anyways, to narrow down differences in adaptations - a question: The hi/lo beam stalk on your van - is it of type that moves/stays a step forward (different position) when on high beam vs on low beam? Unlike sprung stalk on T6 which always returns to "middle" position. Asking because the type is presumably coded in the adaptations (ch#54).

Thanks for the files. Yes, noted the mileage :thumbsup:.

Anyways, to narrow down differences in adaptations - a question: The hi/lo beam stalk on your van - is it of type that moves/stays a step forward (different position) when on high beam vs on low beam? Unlike sprung stalk on T6 which always returns to "middle" position. Asking because the type is presumably coded in the adaptations (ch#54).

My high beam stalk is a step forward switch rather than the newer "bounce" types.

Just need something to compare with now to tweak about!

Last edited:
My high beam stalk is a step forward switch rather than the newer "bounce" types.

Just need something to compare with now to tweak about!
Thanks - excellent, I believe channel 54 is now nailed down. Here's another strange question about current coding:

Are the mirrors syncronized = when left (as RHD) mirror selected on the switch, do both mirrors move or just the selected one?

Thanks - excellent, I believe channel 54 is now nailed down. Here's another strange question about current coding:

Are the mirrors syncronized = when left (as RHD) mirror selected on the switch, do both mirrors move or just the selected one?

What's the interest in channel 54?

Both mirrors work as expected. When L is selected only the passenger mirror moves and same for R and driver side.

Good morning, @Deaky , @Loz , @Dellmassive
just another request :rolleyes: -- if the data extract (as above ---> <Link to a post above> could be done driver door (right door RHD) open that might give a bit of information for other stuff in future (not essential for this one though).
Thanks.

Edit: VCDS HEX-V2 pulls out module 09 adaptation and blockmaps even without ignition on - just unlock+driver's door open to keep CAN bus alive :geek:

Last edited:
Back