Folding Mirrors - Found Out Something Useful This Morning

pematthe

Some of you old hands probably know this already, but for us newbies, this was a revelation for me.

I have had my Kombi Highline (late 2017 registered) for just over a week and have searched the forum for ways of folding the mirrors when leaving / locking the van. Everything seems to revolve around the right mirror motor types and reprogramming options using VCDS (spelt right?) etc or remembering to fold manually.

Today I locked with a long press and lo and behold, the mirrors folded by themselves. Even better, when I got back in, unlocked the van, climbed in and turned the ignition, the mirrors unfolded. I didn't have to touch the switch. It also seems that the long remote press also keeps the alarm and locks in 'safelock mode' Deadlocks to everyone else.

Awesome. Now just to get the drive away locking to work. Maybe I have to jiggle the left door pocket on the last Sunday of the month while wearing a tutu!

Is it any good? Does it use a special OBD adaptor unit? I have 1 generic one and 1 ford specific one floating around?

Carista will work with some generic ELM327 based ODB2 adapters but their own unit is as cheap as chips on Amazon, etc.

Search 'carista' on these forums. There is loads of info. :thumbsup:

Some of you old hands probably know this already, but for us newbies, this was a revelation for me.

I have had my Kombi Highline (late 2017 registered) for just over a week and have searched the forum for ways of folding the mirrors when leaving / locking the van. Everything seems to revolve around the right mirror motor types and reprogramming options using VCDS (spelt right?) etc or remembering to fold manually.

Today I locked with a long press and lo and behold, the mirrors folded by themselves. Even better, when I got back in, unlocked the van, climbed in and turned the ignition, the mirrors unfolded. I didn't have to touch the switch. It also seems that the long remote press also keeps the alarm and locks in 'safelock mode' Deadlocks to everyone else.

Awesome. Now just to get the drive away locking to work. Maybe I have to jiggle the left door pocket on the last Sunday of the month while wearing a tutu!

As already said Carista is the way forward, cost approx £15 and has a free trial period for the full system (which is needed for the door locks), it’s very simple to use but if you don’t want to do it yourself I’m sure someone close to you has one and will do it for a cup of coffee and a sticky bun.

As already said Carista is the way forward, cost approx £15 and has a free trial period for the full system (which is needed for the door locks), it’s very simple to use but if you don’t want to do it yourself I’m sure someone close to you has one and will do it for a cup of coffee and a sticky bun.
I'm just off the A303 about 50mins away from you and have Carista if you are ever down this way, weekends or late afternoons after 4.30 is best for me, no payment needed, happy to help fellow member

A bit more than £15 nowadays. Plus almost £40 for the yearly subscriptio. But worth it IMO

Back