Fog Lights In White

DaveF

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Has anyone changed their front fogs to white / LED? I've got VW LED headlights and think the yellow fogs spoil the look.

Also, can I switch off the way one comes on to show I'm turning??

Cornering fog lights can be turned off using VCDS or Carista. They can be changed for White LED's, you'll need to fit a resistor to fool the bulb monitoring system. While they will look better being white they won't light up the road as good because the light source on the bulb itself will be in the wrong place for the reflector. I got mine from here T6 LED Fog Light Bulbs & Resistors

Cornering fog lights can be turned off using VCDS or Carista. They can be changed for White LED's, you'll need to fit a resistor to fool the bulb monitoring system. While they will look better being white they won't light up the road as good because the light source on the bulb itself will be in the wrong place for the reflector. I got mine from here T6 LED Fog Light Bulbs & Resistors

Cheers @Deaky - I'm not bothered if they don't light up as clearly - I almost never use front fogs anyway. I might just turn off the cornering function then I won't have mates telling me I've got a foglight out!

I just took tha link from my amazon history and their was only one option when I ordered them last year.

I still have the box and it looks like H11 H8 so I think amazon has done something weird..

image.jpg

I’ve used the Halfords LED bulbs, and turned of bulb warning failure with vcds,

On the subject of led lights. Think there is a thread somewhere but I can't find it.
I've fitted my bumper DRL lights which look great but the DRL bulbs in the main head light units look awful. Yellow is an understatement so what's the best way to get them white. I know you can turn them off with vCds but I'd rather keep them on.

Can anyone tell me how to fit the resistors? I can't see a video anywhere. To be honest, I'm not getting any error lights on the dash

Can anyone tell me how to fit the resistors? I can't see a video anywhere. To be honest, I'm not getting any error lights on the dash
if no errors or bulb out warning . . . . . . why do you want to fit resistors?

I had a brief warning light on, albeit not for long. The resistors allegedly prevents this happening

Is it as simple to plug the resisitor into the bulb and the other plug into the original plug/loom? If that makes sense

You wouldn’t be able to get me an updated link for these please mate!? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back