Fog light convenience

Alan Walsh

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I am sure I saw somewhere on here that you can change from headlight to fog light on the convenience lighting but for the life of me I can't find it! Would some body be kind enough to tell me how (if it can be done) to change it. I had a look in vcd`s but could not see it.

Thanks Alan

Yep can definitely be done, that is what I set on mine, looks much nicer.
Module 09 for central electrics, byte 13, bit 6.
It'll give you a binary option of 0 for fogs and 1 for dipped (or it's the other way round) therefore if you want the 0 option you remove the tick from the box that is displayed, and if you want the 1 option, you put a tick in the box.

Hi
Yep can definitely be done, that is what I set on mine, looks much nicer.
Module 09 for central electrics, byte 13, bit 6.
It'll give you a binary option of 0 for fogs and 1 for dipped (or it's the other way round) therefore if you want the 0 option you remove the tick from the box that is displayed, and if you want the 1 option, you put a tick in the box.
Hi DaveyB, Is this in the long coding or adaption mode? I have had mercedes for 10 years not fully got the hang of vcd`s yet!
Many Thanks Alan.

Once you go into long coding helper you will see this screen, select byte 13 (top red circle) and you will see bit 6 (bottom red circle) untick this box and save it

IMG_3311.JPG

Hi

Hi DaveyB, Is this in the long coding or adaption mode? I have had mercedes for 10 years not fully got the hang of vcd`s yet!
Many Thanks Alan.
Hi @Alan Walsh, sorry been busy as a busy thing all day, literally just sat down and seen your question. The answer is exactly what Pauly says, it is in long coding.

@Alan Walsh, chance would be a fine thing, just realised kids go back to school tomorrow so need to do the lunchboxes, and get to bed otherwise I'll never be able to get up early enough to get the boy child out of his pit in order to have breakfast and catch the bus.:(
Living the dream!:whistle:

I on the other hand have to be up at 5am then drive for 5 ish hours to Leeds. Nice. No beer tonight

All working now, thanks for the help chaps. Just got to find out how to shut off the start/stop now.:)

Back