Fly Off Handbrake

Rosmond

Has anybody had a fly off handbrake fitted. I have searched Google but had no luck.
I seen on on the Wellhouse terrier at the NEC and it looked like a good idea which allowes the drivers seat to swivel without having to take the handbrake off.

It would be great to see VW incorporate something like this, as its a pain with a swivel seat.

I ended up getting a E Brake fitted to de away with the handbrake being in the way.

Fly off handbrakes were used a lot on Rally cars in my days, my mate had one on his ., takes some getting used to, would not call that a fly off handbrake

I own an old triumph TR4a this had a flyoff handbrake fitted as standard ...... ended up having to get a later TR6 handbrake and changing it as it just confused me no end jumping between cars.... Also some of the younger MOT staff at my local garage just could not understand it and every year i would have to explain it to them which sometime took some doing .. o_O

That reminds me, my mate was stopped by the police one day and had to go to the stationarity them. One of them took him in the police car while the other drove his. My mate said he spent a good five mins trying to release the handbrake till he told home it was a fly off and he was only trying harder to engage the handbrake :)

It would be great to see VW incorporate something like this, as its a pain with a swivel seat.

I ended up getting a E Brake fitted to de away with the handbrake being in the way.

What have you got you your van now then?

Back