Flooring advice for U-shaped bed

Electric-ian

Hi all recently bought a T6 Highline LWB that I'm converting.
Firstly I need a replacement front vinyl floor or carpet. The old one was in a very sticky smelly state. If anyone has one or knows where I can get a good condition one please let me know.
Also I have a question about 9mm ply flooring going over Dodo sound mat and insulation. Where if any do I need to support the board? I fitting a U shape bed with kitchen unit behind the drivers seat. The board I have is in 2 pieces.
Also do use vinyl flooring or mdf laminate for bathroom use. Has anyone a comparison pro's con's etc
Many Thanks Ian

I used 9mm board for my u-shaped interior. I placed the full sheet in the main area and used pieces along the side under the kitchen units and along the rear under the seating.
I then covered the whole plywood floor with soma Altro flooring. I used the type that is designed to be stuck down with double sided tape. Nice and easy.
I don’t have a bathroom, but I’d say the one piece vinyl would be better. No joins, same thickness as rest of van floor and lightweight.

I used 9mm board for my u-shaped interior. I placed the full sheet in the main area and used pieces along the side under the kitchen units and along the rear under the seating.
I then covered the whole plywood floor with soma Altro flooring. I used the type that is designed to be stuck down with double sided tape. Nice and easy.
I don’t have a bathroom, but I’d say the one piece vinyl would be better. No joins, same thickness as rest of van floor and lightweight.
I have a 9mm cnc cut board, do I need a standard 9mm board underneath the centre of the bed too?

I have a 9mm cnc cut board, do I need a standard 9mm board underneath the centre of the bed too?
Surely that would make the floor 18mm which is too thick to then use even the deeper steps.
I have 9mm ply spacers bonded inbetween the ridges of the van floor then dodo hexmat covering all the rest of the floor.
Then dodo thermoliner 7mm over everything.
So it then looks like this, note I’ve started to put the ply down along the right hand edge
3FAD1A2D-C41A-4506-9F50-CC81C430DDB6.jpeg
When you say under the bed I’m confused a little as my U-shape is seating so that the bit in the centre of the van is walkable floor area and the bed just slides out from one side so the floor area is now under the bed.
I don’t understand why the void under the bed would need to be any thicker.
Anyway, I’ve got 9mm across all the floor and it’s been fine for 18 months. Doesn’t look any different from the day it was fitted.

Back