Floor reinforcing bracket different for same part number

VeeDubbrs

Hi All,
Help please before I won't need to get a haircut :cry: Very helpful chaps at TPS North Shields and VW Newcastle couldn't explain the discrepancy so I wondered if anyone here has encountered it.

What I have on my 2019 LWB Shuttle is this for the outer single seat foreleg (bench seat row ie., behind sliding door) -
1617181950776.png
What ETKA says I should have are these -
1617182050477.png
Problem is, both the OEM fitted part and the one shown for my Shuttle bear the same part number: 7h3 803 547. Left shown is 7h3 803 547 and Right shown is 7H3 803 244A

Oddly, that part number is for both the L-shaped bracket OEM fitted and the "official" chunky bracket shown against the car's VIN on ETKA.

The job I'm doing is making the seat bracket layout symmetrical so I can fit two single seats Left-Right on the bench seat row, instead of the bench seat to leave a gap between for bikes, access etc, so need to mirror-image the Left side outer mountings on the right, but I can't find anything other than the chunky bracket listed, for the right side.

Help!!! What should I do to remain standard and therefore avoid insurance issues? My gut instinct is to fit the FO or "go away" chunky brackets shown on the official ETKA drawing but I'm wondering what the experts' consensus is here. Thx for reading this far!!

Last edited:
Back