Flat Battery

dubdub

T6 Pro
Hi all,

So i come out this morning and the van wont start just a weak chug. So is charging the battery straight forward on these vans? do i need to take it off? is there any Do's and Dont's

Its a 2017 highline T6 with start stop if that makes any difference?

I just know there is a lot of tech in these new vans and dont want to bugger anything up!

Cheers,
Simon.

Hi Simon. Do a search on here. It's been discussed extensively. Likely you have a faulty Moll battery

Simon I would call VW assist out.
I had the same thing over Christmas.
Check your battery to see if it is a Varta or Moll as the Moll is a known problem and are replaced under warranty.

Check out the forum for answers on this.
John

Many thanks guys, the van is stranded at my mums house luckily as id just left a supermarket with it, i'll give vw dealer a ring?

As above

Call VW Assist.

Roadside Assistance | Car Breakdown Cover | Volkswagen UK

It's a free service within first 3 years. (They come to you)

As for charging, you need a modern smart charger that can deal with the AGM battery.

And connect the black charger negitive lead to the van body/engine block and not the battery negative post (don't bridge the battery sensor)

VW should really have organised a proper recall by now .......................

VW Assist came out within a few hours of me calling them and changed the battery after test it, it was the Moll type and was changed for the Vatra under warranty so happy day, thanks for the advice guys much appreciated :thumbsup:

Back