Flashing glow plug oil pressure fault

Jimmynoone79

VIP Member
Hi newish member first post so here goes. I've got an oil pressure fault implausible signal when I hit 2k revs cold and 3.3k revs warm. The van is a vw t6 2016 102 5 speed 100k. Runs sweet no noise not losing oil etc etc. I had a guy out to give dpf a chem clean as was getting dpf alarm and flashing coil. He read the codes and all resolved apart from the oil pressure alarm he advised me to replace oil pressure sensor. So I purchased 1 and the work shop manual off line. Only issue is it states its on rear of block behind lifting eye under egr. I cannot see any sensor or any connector in this location. The only place a I can see one is on the oil pump itself. Any guidance appreciated on location and procedure of replacement. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Which 102 engine?
Either non-AdBlue engine code CAAB
or
with AdBlue engine code CXGB (code is printed on sticker by steering column under dash)

Cxgb add blue version
Yes, there are two sensors.

The other
The oil pressure switch for reduced oil pressure - F378- is located
at the rear of the cylinder head above the turbocharger. Use a
small hand mirror if necessary as it is difficult to reach.
1641161516839.png

Some related info

Yes, there are two sensors.

The other

View attachment 140286

Some related info
Magic I have something to go off tomorrow. Why do they always put these things where a small hnadmirror is needed lol

Reactions: mmi
Magic I have something to go off tomorrow. Why do they always put these things where a small hnadmirror is needed lol
:thumbsup:
I've got an oil pressure fault implausible signal
Well, the implausible signal might actually indicate faulty oil pressure regulating valve.... Quoting my own analysis/speculation:
Analysis of fault codes - to be continued...
Background
  • The fault codes do not identify low/high-pressure sensor.
  • Working hypothesis is that implausible signal (P164A) possibly points to regulating valve - the switches have only states open/closed. Thus implausible would possibly mean oil pressure switch not responding to commands of oil pressure regulating valve... (see switch (oil pressure) responses to oil pressure regulating valve in the graphs above, especially the full throtte case). TBC...

Hi newish member first post so here goes. I've got an oil pressure fault implausible signal when I hit 2k revs cold and 3.3k revs warm. The van is a vw t6 2016 102 5 speed 100k. Runs sweet no noise not losing oil etc etc. I had a guy out to give dpf a chem clean as was getting dpf alarm and flashing coil. He read the codes and all resolved apart from the oil pressure alarm he advised me to replace oil pressure sensor. So I purchased 1 and the work shop manual off line. Only issue is it states its on rear of block behind lifting eye under egr. I cannot see any sensor or any connector in this location. The only place a I can see one is on the oil pump itself. Any guidance appreciated on location and procedure of replacement. Thanks in advance
Hi, I have exactly the same problem with my van, same engine, flashing coil light at 2k and 3.5k . What was the solution for your van ? So far i've changed both oil pressure sensors and my light is still flashing, oil pressure regulator valve next ?

Hi I’m new on here
I’ve t6.1 44k
140 Bph add blue
So I’ve glow light on and code says oil pressure switch.
I’ve replaced all the switches and it’s back on again.
Any idea?

Hi I’m new on here
I’ve t6.1 44k
140 Bph add blue
So I’ve glow light on and code says oil pressure switch.
I’ve replaced all the switches and it’s back on again.
Any idea?
Same happened to my van, I changed the oil pressure regulator and that solved the problem. All been ok since then.

Thanks, I’ll get on it and let you know how it goes,
Cheers
Hi again,
I’ve changed all the oil pressure sensors, regulator 3 in total and it’s still flashing,
Oil pressure is good.
could it be the pump @ 44k
Don’t know where to look next
Thanks

Back