Flashing glow plug light P018300

T6bus

Hi all, Had a flashing glow plug light intermittent over the past few days, Then that and the engine light today.
Fault now found and fixed.
The code was -
PO18300 -
FUEL TEMP SENSOR A - CIRCUIT HIGH
I thought it was the sensor but on further investigation found a corroded / broken wire just before the plug to the sensor. Looked like another pipe clip had cut into it. Wire repaired fault gone back to normal running.
20211214_145222.jpg20211214_145118.jpg

Thanks for posting this T6bus Just had the same thing on my 2017 T6 and after a rewire was also sorted Appalling that VW don't sort this with extra wrapping during a service as it's obviously a known problem Cheers, Tim

I have this yet again. Problem is the break is very close to the plug and wires very frayed.

So i need a new plug and crimps. Anyone know the plug part number.

I assume vw will try and sell whole harness.

I have this yet again. Problem is the break is very close to the plug and wires very frayed.

So i need a new plug and crimps. Anyone know the plug part number.

I assume vw will try and sell whole harness.
Think i have part number...

IMG_20230602_093249349.jpg

Well its a TE connectivity plug.
1718548-1

Which i cannot find anywhere.

Anyone know of somewhere i can get either as housing with crimps or a repair kit with wire already connected.

Correction....bloody stupidity. The VW part number was on other side of connector.

4F0973702

Lots of solutions out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Help ! I've replaced the plug and the wires, (before holiday) thot all was good went on holiday to cotswolds 800miles round trip and ... fecking coil light and p0183 code ?
Check wires or sensor ?

Back