Flashing glow plug and acc fault.

fezza68

Seize the day.
VIP Member
T6 Legend
280 miles into the drive down to newquay yesterday and we came into standstill traffic. The glow plug light started flashing and the acc developed a fault. We got moving again and the van drove fine with no loss of power so we pulled into the next services switched it off left it for 5 mins and restarted it and the faults had cleared. Plugged carista in and came up cannot connect to engine. Any ideas what it could be?.

So this is the reason. Sensor rubbing on the pipe and its wore the insulation away. Quick trip to carrs vw and jack the workshop controller sorted it for me in 10 minutes. Very clued up guy and a gent.

Screenshot_20220823-084328.jpg

ah, the fuel temperature sensor cable issue...

Yeah thats the one and my air box pipe was loose and that can also cause an issue as well. Gotta love this forum..

Flashing coil light again (not mine again, this is the first time. I had a look and sure enough found this: any suggestions (it's booked into the garage next Friday but I'd like to use it this weekend... Notice the bare wires. What do the garage do? I assume just order a pre connector and cut back the loom? Or worse, just cut back bare and crimp (I blumin hope not!)

IMG_20230113_165238__01.jpg

Last edited:
Broken wires. I cut the wires at the connector. There are around 5-10 mm left on the plug. I stripped the insulation back to bare the copper. The loom is in a worst state. The outer protective cover was opened with a sharp blade, being careful to cut in and up, so not nic the insulation. But as solder would not take, I had to open more if the insulation back to near the start of the branch. Managed to semi tin the wires, after grabbing them with fine san paper, in an attempt to clean the copper. Then as solder didn't work, I crimped the copper lines together. Plugged back in to the sensor and the coil remained unlit. YES!! The engine light did remain lit though.
So I live at number 7 and my local garage owner lives at number 3. I popped along to his, and at 7pm his car was not back so I drove to see him. He popped the computer on the van and cleared the faults, and they remained clear!! Yes!

The initial fault was the middle seatbelt pre tensioner, commonly know as Airbag light, on this forum. I had measured the resistance of the pre tensioner at 2.2 ohms and the 2.4 ohm resistor has done the trick!

My van is fixed, albeit temporarily as I want a proper fix to the fuel temp sensor wires, (P0138 fault code) so will order new parts and drop it off at the garage next Friday.

Great thread, another issue resolved by us!

I have a small tub of plumbers acid flux that is good for those ends that won’t tin. You can buy the pins that go into the plug and make new tails if you need to.

I have ordered a new connector with 'tails', crimped wires plugged into the connector. If should arrive Tuesday. I'll look for Plumbers Acid Flux, thanks for the tip. The solder I have has flux in the core but the wires would not take, even when left hot for a while.

Back