Fixing blind surround - avoiding cables

antburt1

I've made a blind surround for an ikea blind. Aiming to do the whole van eventually. I plan to fix the surround straight through the front by cutting and lifting small sections of carpet and fixing self tappers into the van body (well that is what I'm hoping to do!). I'm a bit worried about catching cables behind with the self tappers that might run from front to back. I have a skyline roof fitted if that helps. Are there any main wiring looms that run near these fixing points? Any help appreciated!

You-Doodle-2021-05-16T07-41-50Z.JPG

IMG-8789.jpg

Don't know but what you have made looks great and saved money have you got tailgate on back I think barn doors might be harder!

I've made a blind surround for an ikea blind. Aiming to do the whole van eventually. I plan to fix the surround straight through the front by cutting and lifting small sections of carpet and fixing self tappers into the van body (well that is what I'm hoping to do!). I'm a bit worried about catching cables behind with the self tappers that might run from front to back. I have a skyline roof fitted if that helps. Are there any main wiring looms that run near these fixing points? Any help appreciated!

View attachment 116282

View attachment 116283
I’m fairly certain that the van is double skinned at those points (being so close to the windows) and that no access is provided at the top, so no cables run through there.

Thank you for the replies. We have a tailgate so hopefully should be ok to make a blind/ surround for. I think barn doors would be a little trickier. That would make sense that no cables are near the window... I just really don't fancy making a big problem for myself. I guess a fairly short self tapper would help . There is little weight in the surround and blind. Any idea what thickness we are talking for the double skin? I think I have some 20mm self tappers that I've taken out the van from somewhere that I was hoping to use.

Back