The only difference it seems is that the one I bought was £100 dearer! I wish I had phoned propex first to find out that the hs2000 was in fact suitable for underslung installation. Ah well it’s done now, I’ve had the heater for 12 months in the box so no returning it at this stage. I’m going to call propex leisure to see if I can purchase the bracket for my model, I’ll then get it fitted before making a decision on the duct routes.

Here’s a link to my one, as you can see the air in/out are on the end like yours but the exhaust pipes are on the side as opposed to the bottom. propex hs2211 - Google Search:

The only difference it seems is that the one I bought was £100 dearer! I wish I had phoned propex first to find out that the hs2000 was in fact suitable for underslung installation. Ah well it’s done now, I’ve had the heater for 12 months in the box so no returning it at this stage. I’m going to call propex leisure to see if I can purchase the bracket for my model, I’ll then get it fitted before making a decision on the duct routes.

Here’s a link to my one, as you can see the air in/out are on the end like yours but the exhaust pipes are on the side as opposed to the bottom. propex hs2211 - Google Search:
Yeah, be well worth the chat. I know someone with a T5 that bought their van with a tank and hs2000 already fitted by a company that had bought the parts from PL. When they got the van they ended up having to take it into PL to have them look at it since it wasn’t working properly. PL found that it was actually leaking LPG! Not a situation you want. Your problem is PL are at the other end of the country to you. You should definately pick their brains though.

@DaveyB just a quick question for you, what with you having been to Propex and challenged them to try something different - are they open to having the heater input and output vents in different locations within the van?

Just to but in here..
I went there after DaveyB and they have said to me that it would be possible but need more time to work out ducting routes to accomodate this OEM fit. @DaveyB has given them the idea and now they are keen to explore more as they like the fittment that he was trying to achieve..

Hi @Ads_Essex. As @Fish says I think they liked the concept of using the OEM b-post kit. However, I got the strong feeling that they were not particularly interested in spending time and effort developing it if it meant hard work. If it was a case of simply using OEM parts I reckon they would have been all over it, as even the boss came out of his office to look at the components when I first got there. As soon as he saw it needed some further head scratching and fabrication he slunk off again without saying another word nor to be seen again!

That said though, now that I have done it, and seen what ducts etc you can use with their heater unit, i don’t see why it’s not something you could fabricate yourself and but the flow and return anywhere you wanted.

Where are you thinking? As @Fish and I have pretty much considered most of the underside options with our respective heater choices so perhaps we could advise/ assist.

I don’t know if I’m overthinking it but I see that most systems have the air inlet and outlet vents quite close to each other - doesn’t this just result in the warm air re-entering the heater, thus leading to colder areas within the ‘van?
Would it be better to, say, have your cold air inlet at the back of the van, so the warm air enters the van somewhere near the front and is circulated sufficiently before being drawn out at the rear?

Just trying to get this done on my 2017 Kombi twin-slider. Trouble is we can't seem to fit the ducting into the b-pillar.

So, question, questions:
1) Do you need to cut the hole before it fits properly?
2) Is it the right part (7E0 819 381 C)?
3) Is the pillar different on a twin slider, is that why it doesn't seem to fit?

Any help much appreciated!

Nudge to @DaveyB, @Pauly said you'd done this on a Kombi twin-slider too.

PS Screenshot attached, it's part 2 as per the pic we're talking about.

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 13.03.02.jpg

Last edited:
Hang on, I may have made a mistake... I'm now thinking it's part 3 (as per pic) that goes up into the pillar, and that attaches to part 2. The options for this part are 7H0 819 655 A or 7H5 819 655 A. I'm guessing I have the wrong one... is one narrower than the other?

Apologies in advance if the answer to this is already in the thread. I can count my fingers, and sometimes my toes, but that's about it. ;)

These are the bits fitted. Part 2 doesn’t look correct to me but @Fish or @DaveyB will be able to confirm this48645DE3-195C-4CA0-98B8-BC42A8D3CE2F.jpeg

0DEA2BEB-07F7-4E03-AD03-A132524C9BE4.jpeg FB8987D5-4204-483D-934E-6C61C359212C.jpeg DF6C6F0D-67BC-4BD4-A404-08B26094F5B3.jpeg

@Burly Chassis those photos above from Deakys are the original VW fitment, as in it came with his van from spec.

I have mentioned this before, but the uk dont seem to give very much notice to it... VW dont allow any cuts in the B pillars so just be aware that you are weakening a very important area (which is already optimised..). For any DIYers ok, but i do find it a bit off that companies are proposing this without the ok, or even a check from VW..

there, i feel better now.. (as a mechanical engineer, i like to feel at ease with things like this..)

Last edited:
I have had this work complete by Exploria. Only time will tell whether it's been a good decision.......

Just trying to get this done on my 2017 Kombi twin-slider. Trouble is we can't seem to fit the ducting into the b-pillar.

So, question, questions:
1) Do you need to cut the hole before it fits properly?
2) Is it the right part (7E0 819 381 C)?
3) Is the pillar different on a twin slider, is that why it doesn't seem to fit?

Any help much appreciated!

Nudge to @DaveyB, @Pauly said you'd done this on a Kombi twin-slider too.

PS Screenshot attached, it's part 2 as per the pic we're talking about.

View attachment 24219
Hi @Burly Chassis, the actual part does not look like the representation in the schematic. It is actually the circled piece in the picture below.

706A17AE-48AD-4618-A708-A1EF7A6AB93F.jpeg

On the schematic, this is what is labelled as part 2. Part 3 is the Y-branch that feeds the air into the back of the b-pillar trim, which is the piece that has aluminium foil on it in the above picture. This piece does not go up the internal of the pillar. It screws into the footplate (piece 4) which in turn is what sandwiches the metalwork of the b-pillar, connecting the plastic channelling together.

There is no difference in the parts for single/ twin slider, as the internals of the b-post are the same.

Yes, I believe you have the correct part number.

You may have to make the hole to get it to fit properly. Not sure as I probably cut the hole first then stuck it in.

If you need any pointers, then just PM me.

Wow that’s awesome @DaveyB - I wouldn’t know how or have the confidence to find out how to get the trims off let alone all the other stuff.

As the velle has a rear vent system connected to outlets in the rear and the roof I wonder if it is possible to connect the proper heater to that ductwork?

To my knowledge(which is limited). I dont believe there is a route from front to rear..

To my knowledge(which is limited). I dont believe there is a route from front to rear..
Is there any way I can connect the the van heating duct to the rear of the van. So when we are traveling and I have a/c or heating on the little lad in the back stay warm or cold without putting the diesel heater on. I understand it won’t be thermostatically controlled but just a buck outlet will do?. Sorry if I am repeating a already covered question in this thread but haven’t got time to read it all. Thanks

Is there any way I can connect the the van heating duct to the rear of the van. So when we are traveling and I have a/c or heating on the little lad in the back stay warm or cold without putting the diesel heater on. I understand it won’t be thermostatically controlled but just a buck outlet will do?. Sorry if I am repeating a already covered question in this thread but haven’t got time to read it all. Thanks
Yes I'm interested in doing this too. My T5 had a vent outlet on the b pillar for the rear passenger and my T6 doesn't

Back