Caravelle B pillar is different. You don’t buy the B pillar with grills in they all are bought separately.

Hi,
Is it possible to do this mod on a caravelle. I am just thinking is it worth trying to sort the parts out ?
I have seen some parts on eBay with the vents in the b pillar ( but it is the wrong colour ) is it possible to remove the vents from that panel and fit them to my panel ?

Regards
Stuart

Yes it is possible to do this mod on a Caravelle. The B pillar plastic covers are slightly different. The Caravelle one wraps around the whole of the b pillar metal work like this

user96383_pic180771_1430814737.jpg

In a Kombi or panel van the cover sits on the front of the metal b pillar like this

IMG_7316.jpg

The vents only clip into the plastic cover so you could cut your existing panel and slot them in.

There is only one part number 7H5 819 383 A listed for the corner vent and according to the PR codes it's for Multivan, California, Caravelle and Pan American.

Caravelle/Cali has wider pillars and different vents
Wider ones have part number starting 7E5 standards are 7E0

Yes it is possible to do this mod on a Caravelle. The B pillar plastic covers are slightly different. The Caravelle one wraps around the whole of the b pillar metal work like this
There is only one part number 7H5 819 383 A listed for the corner vent and according to the PR codes it's for Multivan, California, Caravelle and Pan American.

Maybe my part searching skills are not up to scratch @Pauly :cry:

Thanks for the heads up just got the part people checking number now.
I am just ordering the parts list from page one of this thread. For my T6 caravelle I take they will fit ??
Apart from the trim panels inside which people have mentioned are different.
Is the ducting underneath all the same on all T5 / T6 ?

Regards
Stuart

Last edited:
I've just found a more up to date catalogue which has different part numbers for Caravelle and Transporter --><!--

So 7E5 is Caravelle variants

Ok just to try to clear this up.

The part number in the Kombi is 7H0 819 383B

The Caravelle version in @Deaky s pic is 7H5 819 383A

HTH.

So are any of the part number on the list on the 1st page any good for a 2017 caravelle ?
I will change the air vent number over tomorrow. But I was looking at ordering it. Can anyone clarify ?

Thanks
Stuart

I don't think the grilles are different sizes,

Yes they are. I posted up the different part numbers. I received the caravelle one even though I asked for the other, VW swapped it when I pointed out the mistake. I wish I had taken a pic now to show how different they are.

edit pics in a post earlier in thread.

So has Jonnyt5 got caravelle grilles and he’s trying to fit them to a kombi cover? In which case he may have cut the hole in the wrong place :(
I don’t remember the grille I had bought (from the parts list in post #1) not fitting the air guide I had, but the air guide I had (I bought the set of heater duct parts taken off a California) definitely didn’t fit the cover I had, but I didn’t cut the holes for the grilles until I had the right size air guide installed.

Thanks for the reply, wider as in deeper? Or? Actually wider will they fit standard panel van? As I’m in the middle of doing this mod and I’m stuck at this point

View attachment 54879
The holes in the metalwork are the same no matter which model you have, but I suspect you have made a mistake with the grilles, what part numbers did you get? The same as in post#1? If so they definitely fit the kombi pillar covers as I used them. Is the air guide that goes inside the cover the right one. If you clip it to the part that goes around the hole, can you get the cover on over it and get the cover to fit in the right place?

Is there a price list for all the listed parts posted somewhere?
Best supplier?

The bits for my caravelle came to £276 from TPS.
£95 for the California heater mount. Ebay
£60 for the eberspacher exhaust. Ebay
Just as a ruff guide.
Stu

TPS won’t sell to the public anymore.
Mount and exhaust is included in the eberspacher vw T6 kit.

These 2 part number are not quite right. The first is superseded by
7E58663736 R

the second is for a van without heater the heater version is
7E5863736C

Update. I went to the local VW parts department today armed with all 4 of these part numbers. Guess what, I came away empty handed.

The part number I was given last time I went (ie the 7E58663736 R) could not be found.

The same part number as in @bullracing ending with an M he could find however it was described as being Matt Yellow/ Black. Now at £115 I did not want to take the chance of an incorrect step turning up as it is on backorder so a non returnable item.

Just wondering there must be some Caravelle owners on here with a heater and chrome step. Would it be possible to use your number plate to locate the correct part number? Alternatively maybe they could phone the dealer and get the part number to post on here?

Here's hoping.

Yeah the call the metal tread steps yellow now, no idea why but the last couple i ordered said that on the description

Back