Fitting Stance+ Ultras to my T32

Cjscos

T6 Pro
Hi all
After waiting for months I have managed to get my self some stance ultras for Christmas

I am hoping the ride to be better than most coilovers due to the lowering of the van can be done by adjusting the strut height itself on the front. not the spring base. I will let you know what it is like once its all fitted.

I have bought some new spring cups for the rear from van style which are supposed to be uprated.

I was just going to replace the front top mount bearings or are the bushes prone to wearing too..

Is there anything else I will require before I start?

I know my t32 has different front suspension so can I remove the strut without disconnecting the drive shift from the hub?

It looks like a ford set up i had with just two bolts holding the stut to the hub unlike a pinch bolt like I have on the caddy

After waiting months they have arrived!

Just have a quick.question if any1 can help me out

Can I just unbolt the front strut or do I have to remove the driveshaft from the hub on the t32 t6?

I have uprated rear spring cups and new top mount bearings but should I replace.the top bush too?

Hoping for a smoother ride due to the lowering being on the strut and not the spring base....I think

Can't be any worse on t32

Hi all
After waiting for months I have managed to get my self some stance ultras for Christmas

I am hoping the ride to be better than most coilovers due to the lowering of the van can be done by adjusting the strut height itself on the front. not the spring base. I will let you know what it is like once its all fitted.

I have bought some new spring cups for the rear from van style which are supposed to be uprated.

I was just going to replace the front top mount bearings or are the bushes prone to wearing too..

Is there anything else I will require before I start?

I know my t32 has different front suspension so can I remove the strut without disconnecting the drive shift from the hub?

It looks like a ford set up i had with just two bolts holding the stut to the hub unlike a pinch bolt like I have on the caddy

Hi, I have just this weekend fitted the Stance Street (the budget version of yours) was fairly straightforward. The one I done was a T28, I definitely had to remove the drive shaft to lower the hub down to get the old strut to slide down and get off. It's a 30mm 12 point socket needed to remove the hub nut. Under the hub are a pair of splines either side of the bottom ball joint, these also need to be removed (M14 on a T28). The tie rod end will also need to be removed so a hub splitter is needed. I was given the Laser hub splitter but it needed some slight grinding down of the tool to fit around the rather thick rod end. (21mm nut)
The bolts around the strut are 18mm and then use a chisel to slightly widen the hub so you can slide the strut.
The top mount is a 21mm nut, use the old ones not the nut that comes with the Stance set.

This video is what I studied before doing the job.

The rears are easy, two bolts and replace with new stuff. The spring adjusters were tight over the top body mounts, I had to file off a bit of paint and small welds to make them fit nicely.

Good luck and be gentle on the O/S driveshaft, there is a central CV joint that can be weak if hammered from the wheel end too vigorously to remove from the disc. Can be a costly mistake.

After waiting months they have arrived!

Just have a quick.question if any1 can help me out

Can I just unbolt the front strut or do I have to remove the driveshaft from the hub on the t32 t6?

I have uprated rear spring cups and new top mount bearings but should I replace.the top bush too?

Hoping for a smoother ride due to the lowering being on the strut and not the spring base....I think

Can't be any worse on t32
You can just unbolt the strut from the hub on T32 vans, you don’t need to remove the drive shaft from the hub. This makes the job a whole lot easier.

Thank you all for all the info.

I wish they were the same price as the t30 t28 etc
They are A bargain at that price.

Back