Fitting of grille LED DRL strip lights

Boardbabe

Hello Everyone.

I'm new to the forum and a new T6 owner. First ever van I've had and converted into camper.

I'm interested in getting DRL that fit into the bumper but was wondering how easy they were to fit if I was going to do it myself??!! Does the bumper need to be removed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @Boardbabe welcome to the forums

They are not overly difficult to fit, the wiring is mostly plug and play with 1 negative and two positives to connect in behind headlight area to feed them but a bit of plastic has to be cut out to accommodate the kit so its no 5 minute job
You have to get a wire across the van from side to side to link them together so removing the bumper would allow you to run the cable in with the existing loom

Cheers Pauly. That doesn't sound overly difficult depending on how easy/difficult it is to remove the bumper?? Are the bolts easy to access?

Not too bad, there's a couple screws either side underneath bumper and there's one each side hiding behind arch liners

Hi All, just purchased a vw drl led kit and wondered if anyone has fitted and any tips for removing grill and wiring etc?

@Pauly and @Loz, did any "how to" shots get taken when we ripped Fish's van apart, and you then installed his LED DRL's?

Best thing for easing out the trim panel is some plastic trim removal tools so that you don't leave any lever marks. Each of the trim pieces have clips all the way round them, so just work round them logically and you'll ease them out.

@Loz has detailed phitos of the internals of my bumper for you to see exactly where clips amd screws are to remove it all.

Has anyone fitted drls to their Van's without buying the full kit at £190 from travellin lite

Hi all,

has anyone got any advise or instructions to fit front DRL strip led lights which go below main headlights ? Bought from Van X

am handy but don’t really feel confident in fitting these myself

Cheers

Back