Fitting new springs - cost?

Approx 3 hours labour so depends where you take it, anywhere form £75 to £150

Just did my own springs, rear is really easy and only 1hr using a jack, font are a little more difficult and you need a set of spring compressors to take the old springs off. I would say it took 1.5hrs each for the front, again on the jack. But make sure you allow for 4 wheel alignment after! That cost me £75 at ATS

Reactions: Jon
Just did my own springs, rear is really easy and only 1hr using a jack, font are a little more difficult and you need a set of spring compressors to take the old springs off. I would say it took 1.5hrs each for the front, again on the jack. But make sure you allow for 4 wheel alignment after! That cost me £75 at ATS
Is it really as easy as YouTube shows? I’m far from stupid and have all the tools.. just need spring compressor. Part from that it’s sll fairly straight forward?

Is it really as easy as YouTube shows? I’m far from stupid and have all the tools.. just need spring compressor. Part from that it’s sll fairly straight forward?
Yep, really easy, if you undo the ARB bolts it is even easier on your own. I used Ebiach 30mm springs and I didn’t need a spring compressor to refit the new front springs. Make sure if watching you tube you are watch for a T6 as they are even easier than the older t5

A word of warning if new to spring compressors, buy decent ones, work with it pointed away from the body, and PLEASE, don't look down on the compressed spring! There is a lot of force in them, even compressed "lightly"! They have been known to slip off, a danger if not used them before..:speechless::thumbsup:

Don’t you need to jack the strut out of the hub assembly like you had to on the T5? I bottled it when I did the T5 and got someone else to do it.

Don’t you need to jack the strut out of the hub assembly like you had to on the T5? I bottled it when I did the T5 and got someone else to do it.
No not on the T6, it just has 2 flanges that sandwich the cast hub assembly

A word of warning if new to spring compressors, buy decent ones, work with it pointed away from the body, and PLEASE, don't look down on the compressed spring! There is a lot of force in them, even compressed "lightly"! They have been known to slip off, a danger if not used them before..:speechless::thumbsup:
Good shout! Be careful and always use good quality spring compressors, and pout the spring away from you or your van! Watch for the spring compressors slipping round together and then having a spring like a banana which is dangerous to unload the compression!

VW Trondheim- Norway quoted 800£ only work. More expensive than the b16 comfort springs! Yeezubiju...

I know personally of a good mates experience, a time served mechanic & foreman, had the spring on the floor pointed away from him, with his foot on the strut. The compressor failed due probably to age? The Spring took off, went through an insulated garage workshop door a car and a half away, I saw the hole, and landed up in the parking lot! If you look over it, it can kill! No bull, no joking! One of the most underrated and dangerous jobs on a motor.. Shat up the rest of the mechanics for a while..

Not trying to put people off, just want people to be OK, and THINK.. Don't have kids etc standing watching, and don't be distracted whilst the springs are under compression! That's the time to pucker up and get it done! Simples as long as you allow for sods law.. Just don't be of the yeah yeah whatever attitude and you should be fine.

Hi.

Only want 30mm drop so I really like the eibach springs.

I have a T30 102 with a full width rib the weighs a tonne plus cabinets swivels, faiama awning and cookers so sits lowish already. The van is horribley soft when driving. Tempted to go for the hd versions like the ones below.

30mm-eibach-pro-kit-lowering-springs-heavy

Is this an expensive mistake? Or should I go normal?

I have s t32 on eibach springs standard 30mm and I think the ride is quite hard now compared to my standard springs. I would stay with the normal 30mm springs

Back