Fitting Dodomat

xcentric

so I've fitted the silentcoat (it's lovely stuff to work with, very tactile and pleasing to use :)).

Now dodo mat - is that supposed to be 100% coverage, over the top of the ribs etc, or cut to fit the panels and so just obscure the silentcoat?

added: the Dodomat is the following:
"To complete the installation add a secondary layer of Dodo Thermal Van Liner to the sides and roof. This product will help regulate the temperatures inside the van. Cooler in summer and warmer in winter. The dense closed cell foam layer will also work in harmony with the Silent Coat sound deadening layer to improve sound proofing even further."

This what I did for my 1st attempt. I used silent coat 2mm then Dodo thermolining. I was initially really fussy, but in the end just went with the flow. I just covered the majority of what was accessible. Tip, keep the small cut off to fill gaps.

Take a look at the pics.

IMG_20190708_114212.jpg

IMG_20190708_114200.jpg

IMG_20190705_205250.jpg

IMG_20190705_111123.jpg

so I've done the silentcoat like that - it's the dodo mat thermal insulation that's going on next I'm less sure about - should it just cover the outside panels like the silent coat or go over the ribs too.....

Just can put it over some ribs but not all, otherwise you'll struggle to get the panels back on. In the end it's more important to have it on the single skin areas.

Not easy to see but I managed to get a layer of dodomat and 2 layers of dodomat extreme insulation over almost every side panel in my van, then filled any spaces left with recycled itch free fleece insulation from amazon.IMG20190323175000.jpg

Back