Fitting coilovers, what else should i change?

Octane85

T6 Pro
Hi all,

I'm looking to refresh the suspension on my 65 plate T6 T30 and am looking at coil overs (haven't chosen brand yet).
At the same time, I'll replace the lower arm bushes as one of them came up on the last MOT as advisory, and I'll also get the Meyle top mounts.

What else should I be looking to refresh while I'm there?

Hi There

The most popular coil overs in our store are

KW and H&R , by far the best on the market if the pockets are deep enough for them .

KW does 35 to 65 mm
H&R 50 to 80 mm
would recommend standard VW top mounts as the Meyle H D ones are no better in realty
you will defo need rear spring rubbers apprx £8.00 each x 2
depending on mileage you may need drop links and front shock top mounts . all of which arent that expensive

If you would like more info on the suspension please call us 07469785932

Hi There

The most popular coil overs in our store are

KW and H&R , by far the best on the market if the pockets are deep enough for them .

KW does 35 to 65 mm
H&R 50 to 80 mm
would recommend standard VW top mounts as the Meyle H D ones are no better in realty
you will defo need rear spring rubbers apprx £8.00 each x 2
depending on mileage you may need drop links and front shock top mounts . all of which arent that expensive

If you would like more info on the suspension please call us 07469785932
Thanks for this...
Mileage is 153k, so would probably do drop links and top mounts too in that case.

Thanks for the heads up on the Meyle too!

are the heavy-duty spring rubbers worth it, or just standard ones?

I changed the tie rod ends and lower ball joints for the sake of £80ish while you have it all apart

Thanks for this...
Mileage is 153k, so would probably do drop links and top mounts too in that case.

Thanks for the heads up on the Meyle too!

are the heavy-duty spring rubbers worth it, or just standard ones?
We did try to get powerflex to make stronger rear spring mounts for us exclusively , but they chose to do it their way , themselves so they could sell to everyone , sadly I think they messed it up , we fitted several and took them out and fitted standard ones . I am not sure if any other suppliers had success with them but we are getting someone else to make them for us to our design . Use standard for the time being .

Back