Fitting centre dash console

Chriswhit

not the Professor
T6 Pro
hi guys , fitted my centre console drinks holder yesterday and found that I had to cut away the plastic floor piece under were the bottle holder fits . Found the hole thing fiddly and a pain to fit . Also cut to much of the carpet away under the bottle holder so I'll have to patch it or order a new cab carpet . Because the console is a standard fit in caravels is the carpet different than with highlines .
Has anyone else had experience of fitting centre console, The cigarette lighter was a pain in the arse to remove , good job i had a spare illuminated colour ring , thought there might of been a third wire to the cigarette lighter for the illumination ring .
Also can anyone tell me were I can pick up an illuminated feel and wire colour details as I want to fit footwell leds that come on with the lights .

hi guys , fitted my centre console drinks holder yesterday and found that I had to cut away the plastic floor piece under were the bottle holder fits . Found the hole thing fiddly and a pain to fit . Also cut to much of the carpet away under the bottle holder so I'll have to patch it or order a new cab carpet . Because the console is a standard fit in caravels is the carpet different than with highlines .
Has anyone else had experience of fitting centre console, The cigarette lighter was a pain in the arse to remove , good job i had a spare illuminated colour ring , thought there might of been a third wire to the cigarette lighter for the illumination ring .
Also can anyone tell me were I can pick up an illuminated feel and wire colour details as I want to fit footwell leds that come on with the lights .
There was a light feed already in the connector for cig lighter in my highline ,
The carpet is a pain ,I only just cut enough off ,also I managed to cut a piece off the the top under the console to replace where it is short on the passenger side .

Thanks @carlg did you have to cut the floor plastic away under the bottle holder and does it open fully without catching on the carpet .

Thanks @carlg did you have to cut the floor plastic away under the bottle holder and does it open fully without catching on the carpet .
Yes I cut the plastic away ,and it opens without catching on carpet .I just kept taking it in and out and trimming it till it fitted

Back