Fitting an Eberspacher night-heater

andythom188

Electrician
T6 Legend
I'm looking to fitting a EBERSPACHER D2 DIESEL HEATER to the kombi is it a straight forward job that any one that is good on the spanners can do.
Just trying to see if I can save a few hundred £ by fitting this kit myself and spending the extra money on other stuff for the van or is it easier to find someone to fit it.

Thanks in advance

Hi, I have fitted the eberspacher D2 under the passenger seat and absolutely spot on, I'm fairly keen diy enthusiast and found fairly easy over a few weekends on and off. I did have the benefit of a ramp at my work for dropping tank for sender unit but was well worth it and not too bad to fit. Bonus saving paying for fitmemt ;)

I've gone and bought the kit so will take some photos of how the fuel pick up pipe goes as seems a lot of people fancy fitting there own but worried about dropping the tank to fit pick up pipe into sender unit

IMG_5216.JPG
Easy to do, just take your time...make sure your fuel tank hasn't got much fuel in it if you are doing itself on the driveway...and you will need a took to remove the fuel sender...

View attachment 3560
Easy to do, just take your time...make sure your fuel tank hasn't got much fuel in it if you are doing itself on the driveway...and you will need a took to remove the fuel sender...
once I've dropped the tank and remove the sender unit gather you drill and fit the pickup pipe into the top of the sender unit.
I will have a read of the fitting instructions when it comes this week

Hi @andythom188 the pick up pipe I had was universal and I mounted next to the main vw sender. Just put a cap under when drilling to capture any debris so doesn't go in tank and remember to cut pipe about an inch shorter than base depth as don't want to use all fuel and get stranded :sneaky:

once I've dropped the tank and remove the sender unit gather you drill and fit the pickup pipe into the top of the sender unit.
I will have a read of the fitting instructions when it comes this week

Yes that is correct. The instructions show exact;y where to drill, also the supplied pipe is the correct length for the tank...

Hi @andythom188 the pick up pipe I had was universal and I mounted next to the main vw sender. Just put a cap under when drilling to capture any debris so doesn't go in tank and remember to cut pipe about an inch shorter than base depth as don't want to use all fuel and get stranded :sneaky:
I'm getting my kit from same place as yours m8 so could be the same pickup pipe

Ok great, feel free to message me if you need any help. I'm sure you will be impressed once fitted as we stayed out last night and albeit not a really cold night, we was toastie :thumbsup:

Ok great, feel free to message me if you need any help. I'm sure you will be impressed once fitted as we stayed out last night and albeit not a really cold night, we was toastie :thumbsup:
I'm looking forward to getting it fitted then just got to decide on kombi bed system

IMG_2034.JPG
Hi m8 good weather is here time to get this heater fitted was there a measurement to fit the pickup pipe next to sender as I've got same universal pickup pipe as you
Don't want it snagging on body work when tank refitted.

View attachment 6766
Hi m8 good weather is here time to get this heater fitted was there a measurement to fit the pickup pipe next to sender as I've got same universal pickup pipe as you
Don't want it snagging on body work when tank refitted.
Hi, apologies for delay only just picked up message, I located about 2” away from original sender and from what I recollect it was flat and towards the back of the van and no fouling as plenty of clearance. Cheers and good luck, please message if u need anything else

Back