First trip in the van Buxton

Funky Leisure are in Ashbourne if you need any van / camping bits and pieces
Cheers my friend - I bought our van in January and have done nothing but buy van things and camping thing ( not sure where we will put it all and there is only two of us) so I hope I don’t need to buy anything else for a few months :oops::D

Spot on and brilliant weather, we're finally making our first trip this year in a months time to Malvern, right near the Busfest site.
Enjoy Malvern when you go. We will be exploring all these sites in the months to come. :D

Well first trip away and it was GREAT no problem at all.

Weather nice. Wine/chocolate as require. Relaxing. No internet which was great What more would you want. Fish and Chip van on a Saturday I don’t know the last time I had fish and chips ( my body is a temple you know) got the roof up and down without a problem. Got the front double seat turned easy enough

Toilet block was not the cleanest but ok to poo and pee in. Porta potti kept in the van at night and in the toilet tent through the day ( not used during the day )

Only slight problem the heater it is an Eberspacher Heater set it to 20 degrees and it would go up to 24 degrees and it was toasty and a little loud at night small price to pay.

All in All :thumbsup::D 8/10

3A507635-2D50-41E9-97C4-825A22078EA5.jpeg

Well first trip away and it was GREAT no problem at all.

Weather nice. Wine/chocolate as require. Relaxing. No internet which was great What more would you want. Fish and Chip van on a Saturday I don’t know the last time I had fish and chips ( my body is a temple you know) got the roof up and down without a problem. Got the front double seat turned easy enough

Toilet block was not the cleanest but ok to poo and pee in. Porta potti kept in the van at night and in the toilet tent through the day ( not used during the day )

Only slight problem the heater it is an Eberspacher Heater set it to 20 degrees and it would go up to 24 degrees and it was toasty and a little loud at night small price to pay.

All in All :thumbsup::D 8/10

View attachment 113880
Looking good Alan.

Our heater doesn't have a separate thermostat, the temperature setting is at the intake, so 13 is usually enough for it to keep the van warm. I think most are like that.

Looking good Alan.

Our heater doesn't have a separate thermostat, the temperature setting is at the intake, so 13 is usually enough for it to keep the van warm. I think most are like that.
Cheers Cab: ours is an Eberspasher which has a thermostat on the wall. We will be fine it will just take a bit of messing about with or I will just have to sit about in my pants.

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Cheers Cab: ours is an Eberspasher which has a thermostat on the wall. We will be fine it will just take a bit of messing about with or I will just have to sit about in my pants.
I spoke to Campervan Warehouse the manufacturer of the Campervan: They tell me to set the temperature at about 13 degrees it will be warm enough. The air intake for the heater is in the footwell at the drivers side, so the air is obviously colder coming into the van than in the body of the van. Which is fine now I know that.
No more shocks for my fellow camper with me in my pants.

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Back