First Timer - lowering + Wolfrace wheels?

Tom Sandham

Im a first timer! just purchased my first T6 LWB, wondering what people think of just using lowering springs. and the quality of 19" wolfrace dortmund alloys?

Welcome!

I would suggest blagging a ride in fellow members vans to test them out. I tried two - one with b14 coil overs with 19” banded steels and the other with -40 H&R springs / ARBs with std shocks and 18” wheels.

For me the second one was much more comfortable - suspension is a very personal thing!

I ended up with the H&R springs and Koni shocks courtesy of @CRS Performance and 18” Amarok steels and it rides lovely - firm but not crashy/filling loosening!

You will find this is ‘the’ most helpful and friendly car forum!

Ian

Welcome!

I would suggest blagging a ride in fellow members vans to test them out. I tried two - one with b14 coil overs with 19” banded steels and the other with -40 H&R springs / ARBs with std shocks and 18” wheels.ven a couple now both lowered

For me the second one was much more comfortable - suspension is a very personal thing!

I ended up with the H&R springs and Koni shocks courtesy of @CRS Performance and 18” Amarok steels and it rides lovely - firm but not crashy/filling loosening!

Ian
Cheers Ian

driven a couple now, both lowered 30mm, 1 with 19" one with 20" rims both standard VW lowering coils and the 19" drove better, not in a rush yet as only take delivery on tuesday!
I dare say ill be back for more advice, and post my naked VW

Tom

Welcome!

I would suggest blagging a ride in fellow members vans to test them out. I tried two - one with b14 coil overs with 19” banded steels and the other with -40 H&R springs / ARBs with std shocks and 18” wheels.

Ian
Hi Ian,
I'm also thinking of getting 40mm with Koni shocks fitted to my new T6.1...You say you tried VW shocks first - What is the ride difference like on Koni Shocks compared to VW ones? I've heard that Koni are so much more comfortable than VW but I'm still trying to get my head around that.
I've never lowered a vehicle before but after doing research it seems that your setup will give the best/most comfortable ride especially when on 18's. I know suspension setups are a very personal thing but any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers!

Back