EHU for the awning only?

Proberts

T6 Guru
Hi everyone. The better half and myself are itching to go away in the T6 camping but at moment, my van is not converted. So we came up with the idea of buying an awning so we can go sooner rather than later. Is it possible, or allowed that if we purchase a 240v hook up cable with built in RCD that we can just use this to power say a low wattage kettle and possibly xmas tree lights for lighting or is that a no no on campsites ?

Why wouldn’t it be allowed. ? Provided you pay for the electric hookup there should be no problem - we used to do this with the Tent all the time.

I think if you hook up without paying then maybe you will get a knock on the awning....

I know you have to pay for it but wasnt sure if they would allow just a lead going in to a tent without it running through the van circuitry. Looks like we will be using the van very shorlty then :)

I can't see an issue.

We use hook ups with a tent all the time.

Kettle, beer fridge, fairy lights, phone chargers etc etc etc.

can't see the leccy being an issue but some sites won't allow vans still registered as commercial as is ours so we find it best just to check with site in advance but lots are ok with it, we just have a sofa bed in ours at mo but love using it.

How would the camp site know what it's registered as?

have known people been turned away just coz it didn't look campered and therefore less likely to be registered as such, wrong assumption i know, just best to check with site rather than risk it, maybe they can check just with number plate, not sure how far they would go, just need to be some kind of jobs worth i guess. I just make sure they know mine is not used for business and that it has no business signs on it either, plane white.

Ahh thats fair enough, I guess they don't want rusty old work vans all over the place so makes sense!

Back