First time carpeting.

willythepooh

VIP Member
T6 Pro
In the heat of Tuesday, I finally grabbed the adhesive and carpet and went for it.
2 stone lighter at the end of the day, but a result.
I then did the other side with the sliding door on Thursday.
I found that side more difficult, but it’s not that hard folks - have a go !

Yeah, I sound deadened the back panels, tailgate and floor, wheel arches ( outside ) and sliding door. Insulated with Dodomat everywhere.

EB9C6DA3-88A8-4AD2-9A86-22940AFF6B00.jpeg

FC4B2D2C-2FC7-4A1B-961F-9E8ED402AF90.jpeg

4DCC2A65-54B0-4793-832C-4B2E0ADD793B.jpeg

That looks really good mate! Building up the confidence to do mine, maybe next year ...
bulk head needs to come out first

Yeah, I sound deadened the back panels, tailgate and floor, wheel arches ( outside ) and sliding door. Insulated with Dodomat everywhere.

I ran the carpet the whole length of the van first, both sides, the put a piece across the top.
I finished it by overlaying the top piece over the side bits and used a scalpel blade to cut through both. The edges then match up.
I was glad it worked !

That’s a great effort Willy, congratulations.
Do you have a picture of the top right behind the passenger seat?
I’d like to make a start on the near side sliding door side but not sure where to fit the carpet on that bit of frame that sticks out.
Regards,
flo

As a bit of advice, I’d start from the back of the van when doing the near side, not from the frame that sticks out.

Perfect, cheers.
One last question please Willy, did you cut the carpet up to the glass on the sliding windows or were you able to tuck the liner under the glass around the edges? If tucked, can you remember what tool you used please.
regards,
flo

Cut up to the glass and you use upholstery plastic tools (eBay) to tuck it in. I intend to fit blinds eventually, so any rough edges ( and there aren’t many ) would be hidden.

Back