Finding part for rear barn door

tempImagegTAMS1.jpg

The retaining things is missing from my passenger side barn door, any idea what it is called and more importantly, where I get a replacement from?

check strap is the search term your missing. easiest option would be probably be eBay, unless you want to pay main dealer prices.

EDIT - just searched eBay and they seem to be about £100 which is more than i expected - it might be worth checking VW after all!?

Last edited:
Sorry I only just noticed this is in the T5 section, not sure if anything’s different but I posted T6 image and part numbers

View attachment 170827

The retaining things is missing from my passenger side barn door, any idea what it is called and more importantly, where I get a replacement from?
I don’t think anything is missing. The claw on the door latches into the 2 pegs on the body. The mechanism acts as the check strap. The mechanism can be disengaged to allow the doors to open 180deg. The claw needs re-engaging.

That looks like the door stay is fitted just not connected to the door catch. Probably just needs pulling out and reconnection to the spring clasp on the door.
Good evening. Any idea how thatclips in. Got mine in but it keeps coming out. No plastic cover saying press oon mine. Any way getting it locked in place with out that

I don’t think anything is missing. The claw on the door latches into the 2 pegs on the body. The mechanism acts as the check strap. The mechanism can be disengaged to allow the doors to open 180deg. The claw needs re-engaging.
Finding mine going in then sorts of sit but tthen after a few open and close it comes out. Is there a spring that keeps the hooks in place

Hi, the catch is spring loaded to hold the stay on to the door. They tend to get dirty and stick, a good clean and a squirt of some oil should sort it out. The plastic cover does not stop the catch working , it makes it easier for releasing the catch when wanting to fully open the door past 90 degrees.
Hope this helps.

Hi, the catch is spring loaded to hold the stay on to the door. They tend to get dirty and stick, a good clean and a squirt of some oil should sort it out. The plastic cover does not stop the catch working , it makes it easier for releasing the catch when wanting to fully open the door past 90 degrees.
Hope this helps.
Love it thank you

Back