Finding a campervan conversion company

California 4x4

VIP Member
T6 Pro
E6566016-49F3-47F1-8459-007E96C62587.png

@Loz has has kindly agreed to me highlighting a new website that is designed to advise people interested in buying or converting a campervan called comparethecampervan.com.
It is based on a database of over 800 UK campervan conversion companies and enables a user to enter their postcode and find all of the companies around them. They will then find links to the companies website, email address and social media channels. Unlike Google maps, they are all on there and there is nothing else to distract you from what you are searching for.

I hope you find it useful.

There will be much more to come so I’m doing some marketing research as well.

For any one who has gone through or is currently going through the process of finding a campervan company. If you have any time to spare and would like to help improve this service for others, I would very much appreciate your thoughts on the process you’re going through.
  • What process did you go through to try to find a company and what did you find to be most effective?
  • What were the main factors that affected your decision? (eg distance, accreditation, warranty, customisable etc)
  • What would you do differently if you started again?
  • What are the most useful features the website could offer to assist with finding a good company?

I have no connection to any business in the campervan industry.
Thank you - your time and experience is very much appreciated.
David
E3FE65E6-7265-478C-9776-D42C87E5074D.jpeg
4E50BE4C-FC11-4A2D-90F5-DFBFBE42638A.jpeg

Great idea David and very happy to help others. Will DM you some observations tomorrow on our experience searching for a converter last year.
It’s really kind of you to offer your support to those who follow in your footsteps @Ozi. Thank you.

The latest update on the comparethecampervan.com website gives more than 25 possible filters.

So as an example, if you select:

100 miles from Exeter the list goes from over 700 to 168 companies
Use your own van (161 companies)
VW Transporter (158 companies)
Fit a pop top (123 companies)
Fit a skyline poptop (36 companies)
Leather trimmed seats (12 companies)
Offers workshop visit (11 companies)

You can view the companies in map view or as a list.

It's taken a long time to get to this point and it's not perfect. If anyone has a go at conducting a search, I would appreciate any feedback on the your experience. There will be more updates to come.

IMG_4636.jpg

Back