Find me a Coat/Jacket

t6blo

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I am having trouble replacing my coat/jacket.

The issue is the internal lining/sleeves - I cannot stand 'sweat factory' linings e.g. shiny or plasticky that make you feel all sweaty.

I need a casual coat/jacket for winter that has both a fleecy lining and sleeves but am struggling to find one.

Any suggestions?

This is what I mean by shiny...

1672761204125.png

Thanks

Last edited:
My first port of call for coats and the like is a farm supply merchants.

Try the Harkila range or Fjallraven, they are on the pricey side but you get what you pay for.
I've got boots from Harkila and trousers from Fjallraven, both absolutely faultless, Jacket wise I've always opted for Barbour but have split from the norm this year and gone down the Percussion route.

Disclaimer: I do live in the country so if I'm dressed like a farmer, I blend in.
#TallyHo

Any 3 in 1 jacket that comes with a zip up fleece inside. Used to have berghaus ones from work which were good but tbh I never bothered connecting the fleece and the weather proof outer so maybe you can just find any thin coat and jumper/fleece/hoodie combo which is essentially what I guess I do now anyway. Haven’t really thought of that before but I haven’t had a thick coat for ages as I spent most of the time too hot

Thanks for the suggestions. I went for this in the end…

I’ve had one of them for 6-7 years. Toasty as and works when walking the dog. Just remember to Nikwax it once a year.

Back