Finally made up my mind - Skyline pop-top!

Stuupid

Team Grey T32 SWB
T6 Pro
Made my decision, new T32 Highline get's delivered next week.
Now the fun begins, need to get booked in for a poptop first. Leaning towards a skyline roof as I like the way they lock down. Anyone got any views good or bad and maybe a fitter recommendation?

I have a skyline and love it. Had them fit it as opposed to the converter, 5 year warranty. Very solid and no wind noise whatsoever.
Hope this helps

I have decided to go for skyline after seriosly considering 'HILO' too. After weighing up both pop top quality , internal finishing, headline finish and increase in existing roof height I decided it was SKYLINE for me. But due to fitting times being OCT at earliest I have decided to wait for the newest SKYLINE 'SKYLOW' that is due for release to fitters in Nov / Dec. I Can't recommend a fitter yet but I would say investing £5k on a POP TOP is likely to be the biggest decision in your vans history, so take your time and get it right for YOU.

I have decided to go for skyline after seriosly considering 'HILO' too. After weighing up both pop top quality , internal finishing, headline finish and increase in existing roof height I decided it was SKYLINE for me. But due to fitting times being OCT at earliest I have decided to wait for the newest SKYLINE 'SKYLOW' that is due for release to fitters in Nov / Dec. I Can't recommend a fitter yet but I would say investing £5k on a POP TOP is likely to be the biggest decision in your vans history, so take your time and get it right for YOU.

Do you have any more info regarding this SKYLOW roof please?

Hi, I'm guessing you are going to Skyline North ? Weston super mare told me the other day I could get mine fitted late August.

Hi, I'm guessing you are going to Skyline North ? Weston super mare told me the other day I could get mine fitted late August.
Yeah, Skyline North for me and as its late in the season I might even wait until they put there free upgrade offers on.

Free Panoramic canvas or free metal work lining or similar type saving usually
Thanks for the heads up, I was going to book myself in this week. No rush though, so might hang on and find something else to spend the extra pennies on.

Hi, I too am about to embark on the fitting of a Poptop to my van and have also decided that the SKYLINE is the preferred choice, seriously thinking about the SKYLO which I have heard good things about but it’s relatively new so a bit concerned that it’s not yet a tried and trusted product especially as it’s quite a bit more expensive than the ‘Aurora’ and the standard roof. The company that I would use is very local to me and are very reputable and I can get a installation date of the first week in October, Having read your previous thread I am intrigued by your thoughts on ‘free upgrades’, is this something that is definitely going to happen or just a maybe as potentially that could save quite a few quid on what is an expensive purchase

9A962E02-2D00-48DE-A8BD-D9E2074849A2.jpeg

Good luck Mike, I'm guessing they are so busy now they don't need to tempt people nowadays.

They have an October offer on at the moment where if you book in an pay the £500 deposit you get a free scenic canvas and standard bed (worth £500)

I booked mine in today - very happy considering I was always going get it with a scenic canvas and bed. Paid the difference to upgrade to a bifold.

They have an October offer on at the moment where if you book in an pay the £500 deposit you get a free scenic canvas and standard bed (worth £500)

I booked mine in today - very happy considering I was always going get it with a scenic canvas and bed. Paid the difference to upgrade to a bifold.
Where was this?

Bifold is worth the money but make sure they protect your windows when they cut out the roof or you will end up with filings welded to your windows. Makes tinting a problem afterwards. Product is great but some of the workmanship finish could be better. Had my roof fitted a year ago in weston.

Where was this?
I booked it directly through them at their South UK centre near Weston-super-Mare. They said they will need it for 2 days so I'll have to figure out how I'm gonna get it dropped off there. I'm based 60 miles away from them.
I could have gone with a local fitter but given how new the product is I thought it best to go directly to them

Bifold is worth the money but make sure they protect your windows when they cut out the roof or you will end up with filings welded to your windows. Makes tinting a problem afterwards. Product is great but some of the workmanship finish could be better. Had my roof fitted a year ago in weston.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to keep my eyes out for that. I'm having the whole van stripped afterwards for my convertion so hopefully they'll be able to make sure no residual leftovers are hiding away.
Did you get the Aurora? How have you found it a year on?

I booked it directly through them at their South UK centre near Weston-super-Mare. They said they will need it for 2 days so I'll have to figure out how I'm gonna get it dropped off there. I'm based 60 miles away from them.
I could have gone with a local fitter but given how new the product is I thought it best to go directly to them
Skyline Roofs that is...

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to keep my eyes out for that. I'm having the whole van stripped afterwards for my convertion so hopefully they'll be able to make sure no residual leftovers are hiding away.
Did you get the Aurora? How have you found it a year on?
Hi, yes we have the Aurora roof. Great product, easy to put up and down and I love the way lt locks down. Nice and tidy.

Back