Finally going to CRS to sort my suspension!! #KoniSportCoilover

J88arv

T6 Guru
After a crap covid year due to the wife’s business being shut etc etcI’ve finally got the funds together to get the van booked in for its koni sports next sat!!!!!

off to see @CRS Performance and I can’t tell you how excited I’am!!

naturally a appreciation thread will be up and if possible pics as it happens

:mexican wave::grin bounce:

My meeting moved to today so asked Steve if he could fit me in which he could!!

firstly absolutely bang on!!!

my original shocks were shot and the front cobra springs looked off. The front sat at 65mm but that was down to the two issues above. Steve also found that somebody had cut the bump stops which was absolutely shocking.

fitted the konis and raised the front about 15mm and WOW what a difference it makes to driving it.
Doesn’t roll like a bus in the corners and doesn’t break my back on pot holes in the road.

I would love it lower (next step) however stance and ride is exceptional!! 100% better then when it pulled in. Highly highly recommend @CRS Performance

6A25B9AB-5BBE-4228-AC0F-971BFA3ED62E.jpeg

670D63DB-DE02-42F1-ADA4-5663A13489DE.jpeg

B09764AB-D4CB-4F56-90CE-D804DCED8B1E.jpeg

My meeting moved to today so asked Steve if he could fit me in which he could!!

firstly absolutely bang on!!!

my original shocks were shot and the front cobra springs looked off. The front sat at 65mm but that was down to the two issues above. Steve also found that somebody had cut the bump stops which was absolutely shocking.

fitted the konis and raised the front about 15mm and WOW what a difference it makes to driving it.
Doesn’t roll like a bus in the corners and doesn’t break my back on pot holes in the road.

I would love it lower (next step) however stance and ride is exceptional!! 100% better then when it pulled in. Highly highly recommend @CRS Performance

View attachment 92442

View attachment 92443

View attachment 92444
Are they top adjust able if the scuttle is slid over?

I believe so yes unless @CRS Performance says different
It was the yellow colour of the damper that made me ask because yellow is used for sports adjustable shocks and the damping is adjusted locating a plastic wheel or plastic spanner that fits the top of the strut. Turning it in half turns one way or another adjusts the damping force. With some of the other adjustable damping shocks the damper has to be collapsed to adjust the damping which often means removing it to do so or trying it in situ which is easy on the rear non MacPherson struts which are usually red. Koni have other dampers using various colours and another with yellow I seam to recall. I am not completely up to date with what is in their catalogue.

It was the yellow colour of the damper that made me ask because yellow is used for sports adjustable shocks and the damping is adjusted locating a plastic wheel or plastic spanner that fits the top of the strut. Turning it in half turns one way or another adjusts the damping force. With some of the other adjustable damping shocks the damper has to be collapsed to adjust the damping which often means removing it to do so or trying it in situ which is easy on the rear non MacPherson struts which are usually red. Koni have other dampers using various colours and another with yellow I seam to recall. I am not completely up to date with what is in their catalogue.
These shocks are a CRS labelled shock, supplied in Yellow by Koni to Steve @CRS Performance request. They do not have adjustable damping. They are not advertised as having adjustable damping and they are not sold as having adjustable damping. They are a fixed damping rate sport shock.
They dampening is adjustable, but adjustments are completed at the factory and seldom need changing.
See post #43

Last edited by a moderator:
So, did you feel the difference before you even got to the public road when you did your test drive?!!

(Then, did you grin all the way home...?!!)
Yes and yes, it does sit alittle higher now at the front which I’m not fully sold on yet but the could all be in my head but the ride is epic

pic of the front ride height before

07902F08-869A-4EC4-B27E-57799395BDA4.jpeg

The most important thing right now is that you are on suspension that is safe and fit for purpose.

Lowering it further should be seen as phase two @J88arv

Back