Figure Of Eight Awning Fixing

toonaroon

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi just wandered if anyone Knows of a better/stronger figure of eight kit for our galli air beam, we are finding that the kador strip keeps popping out in places as the plastic does not seem to hold firm, which is a real pain, also ours is in three sections and I think two sections might be better but can't see any online,
any ideas please...

Hi @Wills, it says only available for Type 2 and Splitty etc, and the clamps look a bit harsh on the old paint, no just wandered if there was an aluminium figure of eight or a stronger plastic one..

It was installed on a T6 @ Bala and the clamps are rubber lined to protect the body during contact.

@toonaroon we have the same issue - i saw on google once someone had used a kador strip in the vw rail that is fixed to the van...but i cant find a kador strip that is big enough one side - i think you'd need 9mm or 10mm but with the 6mm for the awning.. (numbers maybe not right...)

this removes the soft rubber strip that our kador strip pops out of..

The figure of eight strip that came included with our Khyam awning works well, seems very strong. Not sure if they are available separately though - probably worth a look.

ok yeah my numbers were out - its been a while since i've looked into this. Need to find a solution before this summers trip!

Never comes out of the C section, just the 6mm x 6mm figure of eight, so might try some 7mm x 6mm kador.

Back