Fiamma/Thule awning brackets

GS1980

Sold!
VIP Member
Hi, just wondering if anyone can help... I’m looking to fit either a Fiamma or Thule awning. My dilemma is that I don’t want to be drilling holes in the side of the van to fit the brackets. Ideally I want to take it on and off when needed. Is it possible to fit them to existing drilled holes? Maybe where the roof rail would usually bolt too? Or maybe clamp it to the roof rail itself?

Cheers Crooky, but looking into that kit the actual bracket is stuck to the van using adhesive as well as bolted onto the roof rail fixing points. I’m hoping to find a bracket that’s completely detachable.

Not sure what you could do then - maybe you could just put some cushioning like a rubber pad glued to the underside of the hanger rather than bonding it on; then its easy to remove using by taking the awning off teh brackets and removing the roof rail bolts. Not sure if the is key to holding the awning onto the van though so I presume doing this does not come with out risk of your awning going South whilst you're going North!

Fiamma F40 is an option as brackets only use roof mounting bolts. Reimo produce a kit that makes taking the awning on and off simple but still leaves at least part of the bracket on the van

Hi guys.
Quick question I just got a 3metre f45. Now my brackets are standard aluminium colour, greyish.
I'm aware I need to silicone the underside of the brackets, but if I just spray paint them black, does anyone know if the silicone will eat into it or should I get them powder coated?

If you use a normal silicon then yes it will cause paint issues. However using the recommended Sikaflex or similar will be fine

Back