Fiamma installation with pop top.

LSNE

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I've bought myself a Fiamma F45S and brackets to fit to my van but I'm struggling to find anyone local to fit it.
One place has quoted £100 but I'm struggling to tie him down to a fixed date. (which doesn't bode well...)

So now I'm thinking of fitting it myself and have a few questions if anyone can help.

I'm going to need a rivnut tool or use the M8 bolt hack from the internet. (Has anyone successfully done this? If not can you recommend a rivnut tool?)
Sikaflex to attach on the bracket. (What type??)

After I drill the holes do I need to treat the exposed metal before adding the rivnut?
Before i put the bolts in is it best to apply some sort of sealant?

Cheers for any help.

I've bought myself a Fiamma F45S and brackets to fit to my van but I'm struggling to find anyone local to fit it.
One place has quoted £100 but I'm struggling to tie him down to a fixed date. (which doesn't bode well...)

So now I'm thinking of fitting it myself and have a few questions if anyone can help.

I'm going to need a rivnut tool or use the M8 bolt hack from the internet. (Has anyone successfully done this? If not can you recommend a rivnut tool?)

After I drill the holes do I need to treat the exposed metal before adding the rivnut?

Cheers for any help.
what pop top have u fitted

I bought a tool similar to this one UK-M3 To M10 Professional Heavy Hand Tool Riveter Nuts Rivnut Gun Mandrel Rivet. | eBay
There are cheaper ones but usually the threaded part of the insert tool doesn't last to long. I bought this because i was also doing my heater mount externally which also uses nutserts. When drill ing the holes for the nutserts be careful and don't over do it as the roof sections are quite thin and the drill likes to dig into the metal rather than cut it if your not careful

Cheers for any help.
Hi mate. Did you install the awning ?

Back