Fiamma F45S - size for a LWB?

All you hear is people saying “Wow! How cool is that” you should buy 1 mate hahaha

All you hear is people saying “Wow! How cool is that” you should buy 1 mate hahaha

I could actually do with one for work, but I'm not sure on the look, plus a mate of mine had one and the wind noise drove him nuts.

Yes I've looked at yours thanks.
I will pay half what you want for it, and an extra £100 if I don't remove it in a week after fitting :whistle:

It does flap a bit when the wind picks up.
I very rarely leave it up at night unless its height of summer and still as a graveyard!!
More worried about ripping the fabric if its too gusty.
Have extra tie down straps with ratchet tensioners when in doubt.
It's great when raining as just lower either leg and let H2O run off.
Can also attach awning tent to Fiamma rail easily.

It does flap a bit when the wind picks up.
I very rarely leave it up at night unless its height of summer and still as a graveyard!!
More worried about ripping the fabric if its too gusty.
Have extra tie down straps with ratchet tensioners when in doubt.
It's great when raining as just lower either leg and let H2O run off.
Can also attach awning tent to Fiamma rail easily.

Sorry mate, I meant whist driving.

ooops!
Yesterday in the heat I did notice the rattling when windows down.
It was the metal legs within the Fiamma housing.
No real wind noise when traveling as to put me off.

I prefer driving with the windows down rather than using the AC and don't notice any rattles or wind noise from mine when driving. The legs clip into the casing and are held firm - maybe on the longer versions the position of the legs is different in the casing??

ooops!
Yesterday in the heat I did notice the rattling when windows down.
It was the metal legs within the Fiamma housing.
No real wind noise when traveling as to put me off.
You did wind it away after use and prior to driving off didn’t you @Gavandi ;).

I think they are really smart, but just don’t think i’d like having one on the van all the time. Yes I know they are removable but no way can I be bothered to go through all that faff each time I’d want to be using it (which is most weekends).

i don't get any wind noise but i do get a rattle from the mechanism, i think someone on here had a similar problem and managed to cure it but i cant seem to find it

i don't get any wind noise but i do get a rattle from the mechanism, i think someone on here had a similar problem and managed to cure it but i cant seem to find it
There was a discussion a while back where someone was using some foam in the casing but I can't find either.

I prefer driving with the windows down rather than using the AC and don't notice any rattles or wind noise from mine when driving. The legs clip into the casing and are held firm - maybe on the longer versions the position of the legs is different in the casing??

I have the 4.5m F45 on my MH and the legs are held in the same. The only difference being mine has a nifty shock absorber system that helps keep it stable in light winds, which I'm not sure the smaller ones have?

That's the one @Davenjo i couldn't find it either, its something I've got to look at, i do think it is the legs rattling, but the state of the shropshire roads don't help

I have the 4.5m F45 on my MH and the legs are held in the same. The only difference being mine has a nifty shock absorber system that helps keep it stable in light winds, which I'm not sure the smaller ones have?
I think the shock absorbers are the same across the range??

There was a discussion a while back where someone was using some foam in the casing but I can't find either.
There was a discussion a while ago because the awning rail stands away from the side of the vehicle so when it rains water runs down the door and if you open the slider you get wet. Fiamma make a very expensive strip to close this gap and I posted that central heating insulation pipe wrap fills the gap perfectly and costs pennies. This was to fix the water issue so not sure if your thinking of this

Back