Fiamma F45 Fitting

GS1980

Sold!
VIP Member
I’ve been offered a Fiamma f45 quite cheap but my worry is that apparently when fitting the awning the brackets are glued to the van as well as bolted. Is there any other way around this, because I only want it on my van when needed and not full time!

I’ve been offered a Fiamma f45 quite cheap but my worry is that apparently when fitting the awning the brackets are glued to the van as well as bolted. Is there any other way around this, because I only want it on my van when needed and not full time!
I don’t know if this helps but the awning attaches to the brackets with just two bolts so you can easily remove the actual awning when required but the brackets would stay put.

Yeah I’ve already figured that... but do the brackets stick out like a sore thumb?
Cheers

Yeah I’ve already figured that... but do the brackets stick out like a sore thumb?
Cheers
Hmmmm that’s a tough one, it wouldn’t really bother me but.......yes they would be noticeable.
Why not leave the awning on all the time, it’s really useful not only as a sunshade when holidaying but as a rain cover when working?

That would make sense, but it’s not actually a work van... it’s my main transport (obviously day van for when I go away). I’ve been looking at the
Fiamma F40, that looks as though it’s just a bolted bracket with no kind of adhesive!
Shame really...

That would make sense, but it’s not actually a work van... it’s my main transport (obviously day van for when I go away). I’ve been looking at the
Fiamma F40, that looks as though it’s just a bolted bracket with no kind of adhesive!
Shame really...
I think for that bracket you need a Reimo rail to be fitted

Hmm... maybe I need to go back to the drawing board, then again the awning is off a colleague at work so I can have a closer look and see just how it would fit!
Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

Hi all quick question to anyone who had fitted a F45. Fiamma recommend using Sika to stick the bracket to the van. Has anyone fitted the brackets without. I am planning to line the mating face with rubber as I don't really want to permanently fix the brackets? Any advice appreciated. Thanks Stew

Hi all quick question to anyone who had fitted a F45. Fiamma recommend using Sika to stick the bracket to the van. Has anyone fitted the brackets without. I am planning to line the mating face with rubber as I don't really want to permanently fix the brackets? Any advice appreciated. Thanks Stew
The Sika failed on mine and the rail was then only secured by the bolts - it was very unstable and bounced up and down. I quickly replaced the Sika. The bolts are very small and with just two brackets I really don’t think they would be strong enough on their own.

The Sika failed on mine and the rail was then only secured by the bolts - it was very unstable and bounced up and down. I quickly replaced the Sika. The bolts are very small and with just two brackets I really don’t think they would be strong enough on their own.
[/QUO
Thanks @Nigel W Always worth asking the Question!

Back