Fiamma F45 Awning winder

andythom188

Electrician
T6 Legend
Quick question for general chat does it matter what side the winder mechanism is on a fiamma f45s awning fitted to passenger side of the van

Mine is passenger side with winder at the rear. Can’t see it would make much difference if it was at the front.

Thread has been edited, off topic post moved to own thread, now deep breathes Andy and relax ....

There is a discussion in the F40 thread as they were initially just LHD..

Remember it was something to di with the angle of the wind mechanism..and handle would catch body work.

There is a discussion in the F40 thread as they were initially just LHD..

Remember it was something to di with the angle of the wind mechanism..and handle would catch body work.
Will do a search on f40 cheers pal

Again.. think!.
I know I had conversation for John Cross as I wanted F40 but only LHD at the time..but they said it wouldnt work..

So not sure if same for F45 etx

Again.. think!.
I know I had conversation for John Cross as I wanted F40 but only LHD at the time..but they said it wouldnt work..

So not sure if same for F45 etx
Read f40 np good with pop tops, will give fiamma a call or John cross pick there brains

Mine is on the passenger side, but just to be different the winder is at the front, (to the left as you look at the awning square on!)

No issues at all

Mine is on the passenger side, but just to be different the winder is at the front, (to the left as you look at the awning square on!)

No issues at all
I'm only asking as found a discounted new f45s that is to fit the california which there sliding door is on drivers side.i know I will have to buy replacement brackets.
Didn't know if any issues would be had having winder at front of van.
Any pics oldest of it situated

No issues at all

Learn something new each day.. or told bo***ck each time

Has anyone got a idea how I can fix this fixing to the curved part of the roof , as I have a hilo roof the cartridge hides all the inside, been told captive nuts ? Gather they are like a insert and bolt

Screenshot_20180519-094801_Chrome.jpg

Back