Fiamma, Dometic Awning

I believe they do but, either way, the similar design of the awnings will probably make the panels fit across the brands it’s just that the the best fit will come from matching roll out brand to sides.

Thanks

Do the sides zip in or are they on something like a Velcro fixing

Andy

Thanks

Do the sides zip in or are they on something like a Velcro fixing

Andy
The 5 panels attach to the awning via 6 mm kador strips which are built into the front of the awning and also the the rigid attachments which hold the canopy at the sides. I used the privacy room at the recent T6f Octoberfest in very strong and gusting winds and it copes perfectly. I would recommend this to anyone and on the subject of cost - buy cheap, by twice!

The 5 panels attach to the awning via 6 mm kador strips which are built into the front of the awning and also the the rigid attachments which hold the canopy at the sides. I used the privacy room at the recent T6f Octoberfest in very strong and gusting winds and it copes perfectly. I would recommend this to anyone and on the subject of cost - buy cheap, by twice!
It’s amazing how solid the canopy becomes once you put the sandwich strips down the sides and tighten everything up. Hoping that, with the nifty draft skirt Jo has made, that we will be able to leave the door of the van open during the winter and let the Eberspacher provide a bit of heat in there.

Sounds good

Was worried about winter use,
Also with having the awning strip in the front I take it you could use a drive away awning
Then being able to wind awning in or out to tighten connecting tunnel if that makes sense
Not having to be too precise positioning van on return

Andy

I was at Octoberfest with @VDubnewby666 and I was amazed how well his Fiamma stood up to the seriously strong winds that were ripping through the campsite.
I agree "Buy cheap, buy twice.

Thanks for the reply’s
When away do you ever go out to places visiting the area
Or would that be impractical

Andy

Morning

What are the main differences between the Fiamma F30 and F45

Cheers
Andy

I'm not familiar with the F30? Did you mean F40?? If so, the F40 and F45 are similar but the cases are effectively rotated by 90 degrees, meaning the F40 is lower - the F40 is not compatible with pop tops though and there have been some reports of the cases flexing in the wind and damaging the van.

That's an F35 - lighter weight than the others and the legs/arms have to be placed into position - wouldn't want to try putting one up singlehandedly.

Back