Fiamma, Dometic Awning

Andyf

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi
Those of you who have one fitted, do you have zip in sides ?

Do you use them in windy and winter conditions

Thanks in advance

Andy

We’ve just bought a Fiamma privacy room to go with our F45s - pitched at home to try it out but not yet used in anger. The supports and set up with 3 extra legs seems very sturdy and makes the whole structure very stable - pegged out and tied down correctly, I hope to be able to use in some pretty strong winds.

@Davenjo
We’re did you get F45s from

Did you get sides from same place, do they zip in

Do you have five legs now

Andy

We’ve had the F45s since we bought the van a couple of years ago and regularly use. We’ve tried a few awning options to compliment it but have now settled on an a privacy room - heavy weight pvc panels that zip together and clip to the Fiamma to seal, etc.. As well as the rafters you get 2 legs for the sides plus we’ve bought an extra one for the door so, yes, we now have 5 legs. Someone (sorry can’t rember who?) on the Forum had a lightweight version of the same at Busfest a few weeks ago and, seeing theirs, sold the idea to us.

Didn’t someone say there was an issue with a gap between the awning cassette and roof and this lets water run into the awning area/van?

Didn’t someone say there was an issue with a gap between the awning cassette and roof and this lets water run into the awning area/van?
There is a gap but just needs a filler strip to plug

I think you are able to get a rubber seal for the gap

Has the F45s got a awning rail on front of the wind out

Andy

I think you are able to get a rubber seal for the gap

Has the F45s got a awning rail on front of the wind out

Andy
Yep, Fiamma sell a strip to close the gap but there are cheaper options out there.

The F45s has 2 awning channels for attachment of driveaway kits, tie downs, etc.

Is the Fiamna possibly the better make of awnings

How much would you expect to pay for one
Approx how much are the sides
Is there much difference in the light weight ones to the the heavier ones

Thanks

The Fiamma Privacy Room is about £700 and Pricacy Room Light about £450. The major difference is weight of materials (fixtures and sides) windows plus curtains on all sides and extra poles. The downside of the Privacy Room is the size and weight of the pack - we have bought a second bag to split the sides/poles and will only take in those trips where we are definitely going to use it.

..they also do an Ultra Light version which is effectively a tent that hangs below the Fiamma Awning - great idea but we discounted on the basis that it hangs inside the poles meaning you lose out on the overall size inside.

@Andyf i have recently purchased this and having been away in the storm winds with the T6f Oktoberfest at the weekend it did stand up very well.

Others have the proper fiamma sides which are extremely ridged. I know its seems expensive but it turned out to be good value and we will use it alot and are thinking of doing away with our Kela 111 awning all together because there is only two off us now.
Also below is a link to the rubber seal i use from fiamma although mine was cheaper than that!

VW T4 T5 T6 Camping Room for Dometic Thule Fiamma F45 Omnistor 2.5m 2.6m Awnings | eBay

Fiamma Kit Rain Guard Van

@Andyf ...thinking of doing away with our Kela 111 awning all together because there is only two off us now.
Now is a good time to sell - we sold ours 2 weeks ago on fleabay - had about 80 watchers and lots of bidders - went for £330 plus the postage.

@Davenjo what a pig of a thing to post!

but at least you got a good price i will bear that in mind thanks

Last edited:
Options options
So many things I’d like
It’s like being a kid in a sweet shop

How much are the wind out awnings as a rule
Which make would peeps recommend

Andy

@Davenjo what a pig of a thing to post!

but at least you got a good price i will bear that in mind thanks
Lol. We are running out of space to store our various tents and awnings and with the Privacy Room couldn’t see us using the Kela 3 again, hence getting rid. If you aren’t going to use it again then get rid sooner rather than later whilst it still has some value - I put ours up for sale on the forum first wanting £220 but had no interest, hence putting on fleabay.

Here are my 3 ways of using my fiamma f45s
for all occasions

Decisions Decisions

20180701_172530.jpg
20180707_085924.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2018-10-12 at 18.27.36.jpeg

Options options
So many things I’d like
It’s like being a kid in a sweet shop

How much are the wind out awnings as a rule
Which make would peeps recommend

Andy
You can get the awnings for about £450 but brackets and fitting will take it to about £600.

We have a Fiamma F45s but from what I have seen of the Dometic and Thule equivalents there is not a lot to choose between them. If you are thinking of a Fiamma Privacy Room then I guess you will get a better fit with a Fiamma wind out.

Back