Fiamma awning installed wrong??

You really need a spreader plate inside to distribute the load IMHO especially with a weakened roof like that. There will be a lot of force transferred to those 4 rivnuts then onto the roof skin. I don't think that the Sikaflex will achieve much with such a small area other than seal the extra holes.
like i said the weakness is between the old and new positions of rivut

i can only find this info for rivets minimum distance between fixings is diameter of hole X 4 so distance between 2 5mm rivets = 20mm
assuming the rivunt is a M8 bolt the hole for the rivnut is 11mm X 4 = 44mm the 2 original holes in bracket were probably more 44mm apart so ok
but not the new ones maybe moved 15mm max elongating the holes in the brackets would have been so much better

I am about to get one fitted, and the quote I have seems high, can I ask what you where quoted.
I can't remember the exact amount but £700ish fitted as part of the conversion
@LSNE did you get the original problem sorted with the redrilling of holes

Thanks for the response, I am assuming that was the awning and fitted then. My awning came in at £519 and I already have the Reimo c rail, I have been quoted £204 so sounds about right thanks again for the help take care

The quotes I had were from £75 to £100 for fitting the awning.
I went with a £100 quote because it was from a 'reputable company'.
Bracket area has been strengthened and I've got a full guarantee for the work carried out.

Last edited:
Back