Faulty EGR Valve

Mark Smith

Hi.
Just got a t6 kombi Highline 102. Its 8months old and has 10k on the clock. I have had it about 3 weeks and have got the engine management light on. Had vw assist/aa out and they cleared the code telling me it was the egr valve to see if it was a one off or a problem. It's come
Back on today but I am meant to be driving it, my full family, and all our gear to Manchester airport in the morning... will it run fine with the light on for some time or should I do what vw tell me and stop driving the van straight away...

Best bet call VW assist again, prob same fault, but you never know.. Put ball in their court!

Tried that they can't send a vw tech till the morning. From experience am I likely, assuming it's the same fault to come under any issues. I'm not up on the new engines yet I have had a t2 t5 and now the t6 all of which had their little bits that you kinda new were there but just left be... bit like the seatbelt fault on my mk4 golf and my beetle cab. But I wouldn't expect this from something so new. All I wanna do is drive to the airport and back which is about 130 miles. In fact if it breaks down on the way back I'm not that fussed!!!

Thanks in advance

@Mark Smith it's your call if VW have advised you not to drive it. Should damage result if you do the airport run (Murphey's Law still works well) then your warranty is void. Me, I'd arrange a taxi/private hire to do the run and pass the bill to VW for repayment.

I've got a t6 transporter shuttle it's a 66 plate. It's 6 months old with 2000 on clock. Mine has just gone and it's been back with volkswagon for 2 weeks. They can't get any parts in the UK.
Any body else having any problems.
Thanks

Back