Fault U112100 Databus missing message

ltarrant

I recently switched the factory Composition Colour Head Unit in my T6 for an Alpine Halo 9. I fitted it with the Alpine APFX300VW CAN to UART interface.

The new head unit is working fine and I just got a ODBEleven device so I could enable the navigation control unit for directions on the MFD. Previously it was showing ERR2.

I've got the ODBEleven device plugged in and whilst doing the inititial scan I noticed 3 or 4 fault codes. Most have cleared but I am unable to clear the Fault U112100 Databus missing message which I assume is associated with the head unit change.

I have also notice the MFD display for audio information has been a bit muddled. Radio station name displays OK but if I go into Android Auto and play music from a streaming app (deezer) the MFD displays Phone N/A message and won't let you navigate the MFD menu at all.

I have enabled the Navigation Control Unit but the navigation directions don't seem to be appearing just a blank screen. However, navigation does now appear in the MFD menu.

Hoping these issues are associated with coding I can change with ODBEleven and that someone can advise what I need to change?

Thanks in advance.

Could you please post full scan from OBDeleven - it would help to understand what/where the problem might be. Helpful would be to see a scan before changing the head unit.

Hi mmi,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I only got the ODBEleven device after changing the head unit so don't have a log of before

Find attached the current log.

You should see two faults under Control Unit 19 Gateway.

I enabled the Navigation myself as I saw suggested on the Forum elsewhere to get rid of the Err2 being displayed on the MFD.

Back of van is currently in pieces in a warehouse recieving some silent coat treatment so not managed to fully test if the navigation instructions are now working on MFD.

I still have the issue with audio details not displaying on MFD (except for radio channel). Playing media in Android Auto results in MFD locking to display Phone N/A. Making phone calls only shows the phone number and no contact name (not sure if that's expected behaviour).

Possible some of this is more ICE related than coding.

Attachments

• history.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: mmi
Thanks. I think the Gateway has the faults because of missing control units 37 and 5F which the Gateway expects to see as defined in Gateway Installation list. Neither of those are listed in the scan (not detected).

Thanks again mmi. Sorry for delay I reply. Had the van in bits insulating and carpeting. Only just got it together again to check this out.

I have ticked to enable 5F (Multimedia) and 37 (Navigation) in the Gateway list. Actually 5F was already enabled.

See images below. Is there anything more to do than just ticking the box in the gateway list. ODBEleven is completely new to me.

Is it possibly an issue with the Alpine Gateway Interface I have. I did read some post about someone needing to get the firmware updated.

Screenshot_20210108-155121_OBDeleven.jpg

Screenshot_20210108-154611_OBDeleven.jpg

That's the opposite if you have removed the factory infotainment unit you need to untick 5F

Oh Ok. I assume I will still get the audio info on MFD with that removed?

Any ideas regarding the Navigation? I thought maybe incorrectly I would get Navigation directions on MFD from Android Auto on the Halo 9. Certainly adding Navigation to the Gateway list has got rid of the Apline Err2 message. But the Navigation section on the MFD is always just blank.

Yes, the Gateway coding is done just like that.
Oh Ok. I assume I will still get the audio info on MFD with that removed?
Not sure about how your head unit acts but should you tick Radio 56 instead of 5F??
But the Navigation section on the MFD is always just blank.
Navigation to a destination started/ongoing?
Never mentioned which Halo 9 - assuming INE-F904D?

I will try removing 5F and adding 56 and see what happens.

I have the Alpine iLX-F903D which has Android Auto some I'm using Google Maps on that. Possibly this isn't supported on MFD. If it doesn't work I will just remove 37 again.

Thanks again for advice.

I will try removing 5F and adding 56 and see what happens.

I have the Alpine iLX-F903D which has Android Auto some I'm using Google Maps on that. Possibly this isn't supported on MFD. If it doesn't work I will just remove 37 again.

Thanks again for advice.
Hmmm... I'm afraid that with that unit + Google Maps you can't get any Navigation on MFD - probably should have had model with built-in navigation. Happy to stand corrected though.

Back