Fault Codes

xpfloyd

T6 Legend
Carista is showing the following fault codes even after resetting them. Google is getting me nowhere. Can anyone shed any light on what these mean?

Instrument cluster - 13654544
CAN gateway network - 03158 - Control module for Information Electronics 1 (J794)

I just realised there's a vehicle fault sub forum. Can a mod move this to the correct location please? Thanks

It's ok here
The can gateway error is because you have removed the factory headunit so the can bus system knows it's missing, you can write the missing module out of the memory to clear the fault but that would require VCDS I don't think carista can do it
Not sure about the other one could be related but could also be because of the changes you have made ie Australian country code

Thanks Pauly, that makes sense. i got a bit more info out of carista on the two faults -

CAN Network Gateway
Part No 7E0909901
Coding: 042305 (hex)
Component: GW-K-CAN TP20
Fault Code: 03158 Control Module for Information Electronics 1 (J794)

Instrument Cluster
Part No: 7E0920960L
Coding: 770B010100 (hex)
Component: KOMBI
Fault Code: 13654544 Manufacturer Specifc Code

It was the forst error that was making me think perhaps the old radio is what I needed to access the MFD menu

It's ok here
The can gateway error is because you have removed the factory headunit so the can bus system knows it's missing, you can write the missing module out of the memory to clear the fault but that would require VCDS I don't think carista can do it
Not sure about the other one could be related but could also be because of the changes you have made ie Australian country code
@Pauly how do i get this done please?

You can untick module 5F in the can gateway installed module list but it’s kind of pointless and it will automatically add a ‘radio’ module in its place so you will always have one ghost module in fault

I had a look, but it doesn't display radio info in the instruments in i until 5F.

Back