Factory sunroof and pop top.

Ali-G

HGV driver
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi all.
I’ve been looking at vans and have seen a few that have factory fitted sunroofs. Does anyone know if it’s possible to fit a pop-top to a van with a sunroof? (not retaining the sunroof obviously)
Thanks.

yes theres a few that do it. I know Hi Low and Westdubs can do it. Its a case of having to weld a plate where the sunroof is. For me though, I sold my Caravelle as did not have the heart to remove the sunroof, I do miss it.

Hi all.
I’ve been looking at vans and have seen a few that have factory fitted sunroofs. Does anyone know if it’s possible to fit a pop-top to a van with a sunroof? (not retaining the sunroof obviously)
Thanks.

I’ve just had a HiLo fitted and my sunroof removed (for sale if anyone wants to try and fit to a T5/6).

only issue I’ve found is somewhere along the line the microphone for my Bluetooth has been disconnected in the sunroof delete. Will be getting it sorted in the next few weeks.

Looking forward to seeing this. 1 option I wanted but none had.

There's a couple of companies that do it. Sout West Sunroofs and another in Chelmsford who I used in the end. I forget their name now though. The sunroofs they fit are manual, not OEM. As much as I'd love to fit an OEM one I reckon it'd cost a tad more than the £300 I payed when I got one fitted to my T5!

I’ve just had a HiLo fitted and my sunroof removed (for sale if anyone wants to try and fit to a T5/6).

only issue I’ve found is somewhere along the line the microphone for my Bluetooth has been disconnected in the sunroof delete. Will be getting it sorted in the next few weeks.
Just reading this, was there an additional cost for the work to remove the sunroof? The HiLo prices make my eyes water already, without additional sheet metalwork costs on top!

Just reading this, was there an additional cost for the work to remove the sunroof? The HiLo prices make my eyes water already, without additional sheet metalwork costs on top!
No there was no additional cost for the sunroof removal. The HiLo cutout occupies the same area.

Back