Sold Factory T6.1 LED Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragster13

Parts
VIP Member
T6 Pro
LED headlights possibly for sale, could anyone help me get the right price and confirm these are for a T6?

LED headlights.pngLED Headlights RH.jpegLED lights LH.jpeg

Any idea of what they're worth? thanks
They’re for the T6.1
Are they new/ used?
Are the ballasts included?
LHD/ RHD?
Any damage?
I would guess between £600-£1,000 depending on your answers to the questions?…

Not aware that anyone has done an LED headlight retrofit in the public domain yet so I would like to do one to get the info out there so if these are in good condition then I would be interested in buying them

Question is if you don’t mind me asking why you selling?
I'm selling on behalf of a customer who thought he could do a straight swap, just trying to help him recoup some of the £1745 that he paid!

Not aware that anyone has done an LED headlight retrofit in the public domain yet so I would like to do one to get the info out there so if these are in good condition then I would be interested in buying them
Hi @Pauly, I think he probably thinks he could get most of his money back, He said £1500, but I think it's a bit off. Ping me a message

Are the power modules fitted to them or is it just the headlight bodies ?
I wouldn’t be interested at that price for headlights only, I think I would prob pay less that than if I bought them new (net price) but I will double check my cost price on them when I get 5 mins and make an offer but I doubt it will be anywhere near what he wants !

As far as I'm aware it hasn't been done yet. I've spoken to several of the usual facelift companies to see if anyone has done a T6 to 6.1 facelift going from factory LED to factory LED because I wanted to facelift mine, but none of them have yet. Even Paintworx Loughborough hasn't and he's face lifted loads of Transporters to 6.1s.
So I'd be interested in knowing the outcome, along with many others I'd assume. Could make a very interesting thread to be used as a pinned reference @Pauly

I think T6.1 LED headlights in a T6 would be a massive challenge. They are switched in a completely different way. In a T6 the power to the individual lights is turned on and off by the BCM. In a T6.1 the lights are turned on and off by a canbus signal. You'd need some sort of canbus decoding module to connect them or possibly butcher the wiring in the headlights......... :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back