Factory fitted alarm question

Like Kev stated, MFSW and heated screen = H line , I think when I put my reg in one of the online insurance compare companies it did also state that I had an High line in the vehicle description, I hope this helps.

So thanks for the replies I think I have got to the bottom of it.
The van is badged as a transporter but the insurance company system identifies it as a caravelle which hasn’t helped.
After speaking to the supplying dealership initially the sales guy assured me that all t6’s had cat 1 alarms. When I questioned this they went away and checked the reg number and came back saying it had an immobiliser but no alarm so I guess it’s a cat 2.
.......I think

Ater speaking to the supplying dealership initially the sales guy assured me that all t6’s had cat 1 alarms.
When sorting my insurance prior to picking up my own T6 the dealership said the same, "they all have cat1 alarms".
Which they dont;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always sit in your van and lock your self in using the key fob and see if the motion sensor kicks in.

I know it sounds silly but it’s one way to see if you have an alarm fitted.

Lol, I did this. opened the windows and locked the van. then reached through the window to grab something. Nearly jumped out of my skin.

You could always sit in your van and lock your self in using the key fob and see if the motion sensor kicks in.

I have done this.
Pulled over for a quick nap, and then scared the shit out of myself when the alarm went off when I moved.

Yes highline vans and kombis get sensor in the front , shuttles and caravelles have an option for an additional sensor in the rear

While the sensor just detects the driving area and not what will become the 'living area' of the van - a dog roaming the living area can set it off especially if it's learned how to climb onto the kitchen to look out the window :)

You can set all your locks manually without turning on the alarm - sometimes I do this if I am locking it for a short period in a safe location like a camp site and briefly leaving the dog in it.

Can anyone tell me what is the factory fitted alarm on a 2017 T6 T32 van please?

My insurance company is asking for this and I am clueless as there is no option to select VW factory fitted.

thanks.

These days the factory fitted alarms are generally Thatcham Cat 1 and I’ve always been able to select (words to the effect of) manufacturer alarm when getting a quote

Thanks @RayF the only option I had when on the insurance website was VW security system 1.
Nothing like making it difficult.

My insurers (Adrian Flux) are quite happy that the alarm on a 2016 Highline T6 is Thatcham Category 1. I think it was mentioned as Thatcham Cat 1 in the sales blurb at the time that I bought it in October 2016.

mine is a Highline with heated front WS, MFSW and motion sensor does kick in when I lock myself in and lock the van by keyfob.

Back